Power washers

I am looking into buying a powerwasher. I will only be using it to spray off the deck, driveway, wash the car and occasionally clean the garage door(That's all I can think of right now). What power would I need? I think it would be considered light use? And what are the advantages of electric or gas powered?

As always....thanks everyone for your info.

Reply to
new england gal

I use mine the same way. I have a 1300psi electric unit (sorry, forget the name) and it's ideal for what you suggest. I find it especially good on our vinyl siding. Also useful for cleaning mats, lawn furniture, outdoor carpets, windows, screens and the carpeting in my boat. It's also great at blasting weeds out of the seams between patio blocks and the like. I also use it to strip the old stain from our deck (although you must be very careful not to damage the wood. Adjust the spray and the distance from the nozzle so that it does not bore into the wood.) You can get bigger, more powerful and more expensive units but frankly, for light, occasional household use like this, I don't think you need them. One word of advice. Stay away from Karcher. I had nothing but trouble with it and the one Home depot gave me to replace it. I believe Karcher also builds Simoniz. Biggest problem with any of them is the tangle. Here is a device with a long power cord, an attached garden hose and a long pressure hose. Nobody seems to have devised a way to keep them all unsnarled. Just be sure you don't leave it outside in spring or fall. If they freeze, they're toast and not worth repairing. Good luck ds

Reply to
DS

Thanks for the info!

Reply to