OT Word Mangler

Page 2 of 2

Bob F wrote:

Good God. No. It's not a political post, Bob! The mangler was the author of the article. We're supposed to be laughing at him. Since you thoughtfully cut off the part of my post where I repeated the original post and mentioned his degrees in literature and "jornalism" I can see why you didn't catch the reference. Read the article, focus on the verbiage - not the content. Then chortle as you see fit.
Damn. I posted after the official thread termination. I guess I'm obsessed and need to beg, borrow or steal a sense of humor. Oh well...

Well I wasn't gonna mention it, but now that you do..... (BEG)
RicodJour wrote:

Hey! Stop hijacking my thread! This is NOT a political thread. It's a thread to make fun of a guy who tortures the language. Sheesh.

Kerry or Bush?
HeyBub wrote:

They both are torture to my ears. One puts me to sleep and the other speaks pidgin English.
RicodJour wrote:

Well, get use to it because it will only increase. With the Internet, non-functional speakers, as well as non-functional people, have a voice that is heard by many. That voice is often very tortured but still influences others who may end up repeating really tortured and substandard language so often that it becomes standard. The second worst place to learn language is from the dunces that broadcast the news on the TV. Tortured pronunciations, repetitive statements, ignorant comments, etc are now common among even national TV newscasts. Heck, even my spell check suggests inappropriate hyphenation and splitting of words.

News broadcasting is considered "entertainment" by their producers. Real news is not important.

Personally I think that occurred with the retirement of Walter Cronkite..

Don't insult the pidgins!