OT: Very OT. Just a weird question.

I'm sure that all of us have had a deja vu moment at one time or another, after all, it has a name. There is another type of mysterious occurence that probably has a name because I'm sure others may have experienced it.
Scene: I am sitting here in my basement at the computer. I have dual 17" LCD monitors, so the right one is here on the AHR newsgroup and the left one is on the web with a wiki site on the Falkland Islands (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falkland_Islands). Nearby is the TV which was showing the Military Channel series on World War One.
As I am reading a sentence in the wiki article with my hearing monitoring the TV, I come to the word 'Propaganda' on the site. At the very instant I am reading the word, the TV narrator in the WWI series says the word 'Propaganda', just like he was reading the word from the web page with me. This has happened to me many times in the past with seeing and hearing the same word from two different sources at the exact same instant.
So, Has anyone ever experienced this? Is there a word for it?
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
On 12/26/2011 8:32 PM, willshak wrote:

Yes.
Yes: "coincidence".
Add pictures here
βœ–
Doug Miller wrote the following:

Yeah, but that's not a sexy French word. :-) I hereby christen it coοncidence ιtrange ©
--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
willshak wrote:

One of the weirder moments of my life was a few years ago when I was driving not too far from my house. I was passing a very small industrial park.
The car radio was on, but I was paying little attention. Then, the exact moment I happened to look at the park's sign, the radio said its name!
Adding to the coincidence, except for that one time, I've never heard that park advertise on the radio, before or since.

Schizophrenic break with reality? :-)
--
Tony Sivori
βœ–
willshak wrote:

It was the lord working in mysterious ways again, probably telling you to buy a lottery ticket. If you like military history stuff may I suggest, http://www.justin.tv/military_history#/w/2296804432/40
Add pictures here
βœ–

There are two words for it: 1 = coincidence, when the event is meaningless; 2 = synchronicity, as documented by writer Arthur Koestler (The Art of Creation, 1964).
--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs
Don Phillipson wrote the following:

Ok, it's #2.
"Synchronicity is an explanatory principle, according to its creator, Carl Jung. Synchronicity explains "meaningful coincidences," such as a beetle flying into his room while a patient was describing a dream about a scarab". http://www.skepdic.com/jung.html
--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
willshak wrote:

Sounds somewhat related to serendipity, another fun word:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serendipity
Jon
Add pictures here
βœ–

Ask yourself........... did he really say it, or did I just think he said it since I was reading the word? :-)
Hank
Add pictures here
βœ–
Hank wrote the following:

No, he really said it at the same time. Just as in every other instance where it has happened.
--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
willshak wrote:

Dementia? <g>
Add pictures here
βœ–
G. Morgan wrote the following:

I already have that, but I like to give it a medical sounding acronym - CRS. Can't Remember Shit. The dementia will kick in afterwards when I can't remember what group I posted this in.
--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

veja du
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Mon, 26 Dec 2011 20:32:43 -0500, willshak wrote:

How about you include all the times it did not happen? This is just selective memory on your part.
--
Tip: If a customs officer asks for your visa, don't say, "I
have cash. Do you take that?"

I was helping my dad and brother with a project they were planning.
Some folks can actually use technology as part of their social interaction.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Tue, 27 Dec 2011 20:17:37 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03

And some use it so as not to have to interact with others. I've seen people at social gatherings constantly checking their phones and texting others. Putting the phone on the table at dinner so it is always ready.
There are times to use technology, there are times to turn off the hones, turn off the TV, and enjoy the company of friends.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Well said - via a technology based medium.
I hope there are no friends or family around. ;-)
Add pictures here
βœ–
DerbyDad03 wrote:

Its quite common for siblings to have a form of ESP and communication. I most definitely think humans communicate on a shared neural network of some sort. A "global consciousness". Its real science, with real unexpected results: http://noosphere.princeton.edu /
Have you never felt that "something is not right" feeling... and you feel compelled to call, or go see someone right away...
... and you were right?
Add pictures here
βœ–

Riding down the road thinking of a friend I hadn't seen in 30 years. I looked in my rear view mirror and there he was pulling up behind me.
Jimmie
Add pictures here
βœ–

Friends that you haven't seen in 30 years pull up behind you all the time?
You must have had a lot of friends back then.
Add pictures here
βœ–