OT: ? National infrastructure crisis

Things would be much better if people had simply voted for Romney, a choice they had, no matter how much you dislike the present political system. Polls now show that voters would have chosen Romney by a 10 point margin if they had it to do all over again. The problem isn't that we need a miracle candidate, it's that voters are dumb. You had a guy with decades of management experience, experience turning around failing companies, experience turning around the Olympics, and instead, they chose a community organizer. Twice. Now we're suffering the results. At least we're not starving on top of a mountain, with ISIS about to kill us all. Yet. And dear leader continues to dither away, considering all options.

Reply to
trader_4

Romney was the Mass liberal, who tried to socialize medicine in his state. I don't think that was a very big difference. Sadly, after the primaries we're either screwed or beaten. The two sides of the coin keep pushing agenda on us. Someone's running the country, but it's not you and me.

I've wondered about the infrastructure. With electric, water, highways, sewers, data cables, and all. Some system is eventually going to collapse.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I always thought it was disingenuous at best to call it "Romneycare" since it was passed by the Dem Legislature who then overrode all nine line item vetoes Romney made.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

My brother in law is from Sweden. I asked him about the taxes and what he thought of what people got there versus here. Inasmuch as he makes a good living here it wasn't too surprising he preferred to be here. He agreed that the high taxes in Sweden were good as far as making it possible for all the people to have something but wasn't so keen on the fact that it would mean his taxes would be much much higher and his disposable income commensurately less.

The feds pull together data on Interstate Road Roughness and publish it.

MI is not the best or worst. The far left columns show how many inches per mile of roughness there is Rural and Urban. A brand new pavement will typically be somewhere between 30 and 60 inches. Over

100 inches and the public thinks you should be resurfacing it.

That's only interstate and says nothing about how good or bad the state highways or city and county roads might be. Most states have the data but the Feds don't like to publish it because it makes some states look really bad.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

Frank posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

I like the work they have done on I-495! Why not just ignore the center medial barrier being 7" higher than the other direction? Who'd have thunk something was wrong? Who put the dirt there?

This is the kind of story that if newspapers would investigate would make them relevant again.

Reply to
Tekkie®