OT: ? National infrastructure crisis

Page 2 of 2

yes - those that died too soon.
I bet those high income people who get a poorer "return on their investment" as well as having their SS benefits taxed could calculate that they lost most of their "investment" in SS as well.

Good luck with that. Even if you take out the overrated hooha over the Citizen's United decision, you have to remember that every attempt at campaign finance reform since Nixon has had major parts of it torn apart by numerous different courts over the last 40 years.
but what they conceal is vital.?

since it was passed by the Dem Legislature who then overrode all nine line item vetoes Romney made.
but what they conceal is vital.?
On Thu, 07 Aug 2014 21:27:16 -0400, "Percival P. Cassidy"

My brother in law is from Sweden. I asked him about the taxes and what he thought of what people got there versus here. Inasmuch as he makes a good living here it wasn't too surprising he preferred to be here. He agreed that the high taxes in Sweden were good as far as making it possible for all the people to have something but wasn't so keen on the fact that it would mean his taxes would be much much higher and his disposable income commensurately less.
The feds pull together data on Interstate Road Roughness and publish it. http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/interstatebrief2011/
MI is not the best or worst. The far left columns show how many inches per mile of roughness there is Rural and Urban. A brand new pavement will typically be somewhere between 30 and 60 inches. Over 100 inches and the public thinks you should be resurfacing it.
That's only interstate and says nothing about how good or bad the state highways or city and county roads might be. Most states have the data but the Feds don't like to publish it because it makes some states look really bad.
Frank posted for all of us...
And I know how to SNIP

I like the work they have done on I-495! Why not just ignore the center medial barrier being 7" higher than the other direction? Who'd have thunk something was wrong? Who put the dirt there?
This is the kind of story that if newspapers would investigate would make them relevant again.
--
Tekkie