OT Idiot lights-out drivers

Page 3 of 16

You know that American states have the same rules among each other. 30 days after moving to Md. to change your car's registration to Md. and paid sales tax on it if iirc you didn't pay sales tax before.
And Canadian provinces?

What a farce. Complete and utter lack of communication.
--
An airliner was having engine trouble, and the pilot instructed the cabin crew to have the passengers take their seats and get prepared for an emergency landing.
A few minutes later, the pilot asked the flight attendants if everyone was buckled in and ready.

Alberta (and that will likely be changing real soon)
On 02/13/2016 08:25 AM, Mr Macaw wrote:

How absurd is it that I have two motorcycles that are only legal in 49 states? That doesn't mean I can't ride through California but I couldn't register them in the state.

Very absurd. All states should have the same laws.
--
Reality is only an illusion that occurs due to a lack of alcohol.

On 02/13/2016 02:54 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

No way, no day. For example, almost all of my firearms would be illegal in New York state because of regulations pushed through by Cuomo. If the people of NY want to put up with his liberal, gun-grabbing crap, that is their prerogative. It will not fly in Montana.
No offense, but you could stick Great Britain out in the eastern part of Montana where not too much lives except prairie dogs and rattlesnakes. This is a vast country and as you might gather from US politics, the different regions have as much use for the others as some Scots have for England.

Take two states. Compare their laws. One of them must be correct. The other one should follow suit.
--
A dyslexic man walks into a bra.

On 2/14/2016 5:32 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

situations in Arizona. All states have laws requiring auto registration, driver's license. Tax laws differ since the budgets differ considerably.
Given your comment, the laws in your country should be the same as the laws in France and Poland.

Unless there is some physical difference, like one has a lack of water so you have laws about washing your car, then there is no need for differing laws.

But we're seperate countries. The USA is one country with different laws in different parts of it. A right royal fuckup.
--
I imposed a declaration in opposition to your motion to modify the preliminary injunction in support of the cross motion to vacate the preliminary injunction. So noted by the Federal Court of Justice proceeding preliminary declaration.

On 2/14/2016 6:40 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

You lack of knowledge of the US is showing. Fifty states over many thousand miles there are many physical differences. Our government was set up to give the states some independence also.

You are all part of the EU and the same continent. A very similar origin as the states came about at different times. It would only be a Royal fuckup if we had a Queen's ass to kiss like GB does.

But the differing laws are mainly nothing to do with physical surroundings.

But the EU doesn't set the laws to such an extent as your congress does.

The Queen is a figurehead who does fuck all, she can be ignored.
--
Mary had a little lamb,
unfortunately it's dead.
On 02/14/2016 04:40 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

No, we don't have royal fuckups; that's your specialty.

Like the UK - English, Welsh, Irish,, Ulstermen, and Scotsmen - and fully half of them can't stand the other half.

Our laws don't differ that much.
--
The easiest way to find something lost around the house is to buy a replacement.

On 02/14/2016 03:32 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

Take two countries. Compare their laws. One of them must be correct. I conclude the UK should adopt the Ugandan legal system.
Positive law is not 'correct'; it is merely law.
On 2/14/2016 4:34 PM, rbowman wrote:

And, by extension, all countries should have the same set of laws!
Extrapolating from that, all countries should speak the same language, have the same currency, etc.
Right?

Yes, and that language is English. And it's already happening courtesy of the internet.
--
Uncle Larry was smoking in a restaurant the other day when a guy came up to him and said, "That smoke's bothering me."
Larry said, "Well, it's killing me. If I don't care about what it's doing to me, why would I give a shit what it's doing to you?"

good in Aberdeen.

Most Scots speak English, not Gaelic.
--
The easiest way to find something lost around the house is to buy a replacement.

Per Mr Macaw:

"The USA and The United Kingdom: Two great countries divided by a common language."
--
Pete Cresswell