Lights Out....

After a nasty storm recently I discovered that my exterior motion = sensitive flood light has ceased to work. I checked wiring and = breakers. What now?

Reply to
Frank B.

I assume you have tried changing the bulb(s), just in case it's that simple.

Otherwise, perhaps the storm sent a transient on your power line that fried the electronics in the motion sensor. In this case, you would need a new sensor.

Good luck.

-- Jack Gavin

Reply to
Jack Gavin

Try to turn off power momentarily in case something needs to be reset. Occasionally mine "sticks" on and that cures it.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Bress

Same here. Mine is outside my bedroom window and drives me nuts in a middle of the night storm.

Reply to
jtees4

Frank:

FB> After a nasty storm recently I discovered that my exterior motion = FB> sensitive flood light has ceased to work. I checked wiring and = FB> breakers. What now?

Time for a new sensor! Lightening does nasty things: could fry the electronics as someone else suggested or "blind" the sensor due to the bright flash.

We also had a sensor fail a number of years back because water got into it. (No idea how.)

It may be cheaper to replace the entire unit than attempting to find just a replacement sensor. We have a unit which runs 30% power at night, up to 100% when it detects motion. Saves some electricity and provides sufficient light on the low-power mode.

  • Single says to self after dinner: Time to do the dish!
Reply to
barry martin