OT: How Arizona does cell-phone towers

Page 1 of 2
Pic http://cheezburger.com/6511134464

Parts of California and Hawaii use palm trees. In a few southern states it' pine trees. Los Vegas had a case where the cell carrier wanted to make a few extra nickels and rented space on one of it's location to for a bill board. Client put up a large neon sign which produced so much RF noise that the cell communications were blocked.

New England uses church steeples.
On Mon, 03 Sep 2012 12:52:29 -0400, " snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz"

Evidently it's not just New England.
http://www.fsiweb.com/CellIndex.asp

A couple of towers around here are these huge Flag polls, usually at American Legion or VFW posts.

Kinda gives new meaning to the phease 'power of god' and 'gods messages'.

One of our local churches has one as a big cross.

Is there a reason to bother, otherwise? Perhaps they want to be first in line in case HE calls? ;-)
On 9/3/12 4:44 PM, snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz wrote:

about Noah talking to God? "Noah, how long can you tread water"? YouTube. Audio only. http://tinyurl.com/d2ydxtn
On Mon, 03 Sep 2012 17:09:09 -0500, Dean Hoffman

Cosby was one of the best.

Oh yes, of course they do.
Oren wrote:

Not Robert, but yes they pay a monthly lease to my Church as well as pay for any power used by the cell tower they built on our property.
--
PV

"If Inflammable means more flammable, then what does incompetent mean?'

AUIU, they pay a pretty good nickel for rights to put an antenna on your property. It varies by desirability, of course. No need to charge them an "access fee". They'll gladly pay a flat fee whether they need access or not. They're unlikely to show up on Sunday, either. ;-)

Access rights not required as they do pay a good nickel for the 10'x15' plot of land they occupy. We took an upstart cell company to school when they approached us with a low ball offer and a one page contract. They are now locked in for 20 years with escalating rent and to pull out would cost them a bundle. Also held the contractor to match the architectural drawings approved by all parties, they tried to get lazy :)
--
PV

"If Inflammable means more flammable, then what does incompetent mean?'

I took this to mean that it was one of several nearby churches, and there's no reason Robert would know details about the contract .

Dirving around on a beautiful Sunday, I came across a cell tower with an open fence with a name on it,. I drove in but when I saw a couple cars parked there, I decided I was trespassing and left. The two cell towers nearest to me never have anyone around, and they don't have a separate building either. . Looking it up on the web, it listed all the locations where the company ran cell towers. Can't find that now, but found these:
http://www.vertical-consultants.com/landowners/churches-steeples-and-cell-towers-how-they-work-together-to-serve-a-higher-purpose / "This is due to the fact that most industry experts believe that only about 30-40% of the total number of remote cell tower locations have been constructed to date." (Since, like most web pages, no date is given anywhere, we have no idea what "to date" means.
http://www.vertical-consultants.com/landowners/cell-tower-rent-payments-how-much-and-why /
http://www.cell-tower-leases.com/cell-tower-rents.html "Unfortunately from our industry experience it is evident that carriers are extremely heavy handed when it comes to negotiating rent on their cell sites. They pay a heck of a lot of money to hire highly effective professionals to get them the best terms and rates possible, so from the start, most landlords are at a significant disadvantage in the negotiation. "
I don't konw. I'm a terrible negotator, so I don't do it much, but you don't need technical training or law school to start higher than you expects to get and come down to the market price for your location, etc. .

It shouldn't be too hard to hire a lawyer to do the dirty work for you.
On Mon, 03 Sep 2012 23:53:22 -0400, " snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz"

That too. Good point.
I didn't have the intrerest to read the whole page, I got lots of hits on rent cell tower .
Also cell tower locations . Including http://www.cellreception.com/towers/ Some people may find this interesting:
"We've taken towers registered with the FCC and mashed it with Google Maps for a convenient graphical interface to see towers within your area.
Unfortunately, not every antenna is needs to be registered with the FCC, and the map may not list all the towers in the area. But most are included
Additionally, many carriers "rent" towers from third-party companies -- and leasing agreements are unknown. If this is the case, the best way to determine carrier coverage is by reading comments in the local area.
To see details, including who owns the tower, click on the red marker and the link that pops up in the bubble.."

On 9/3/2012 11:27 PM, micky wrote:

http://www.vertical-consultants.com/landowners/churches-steeples-and-cell-towers-how-they-work-together-to-serve-a-higher-purpose /
http://www.vertical-consultants.com/landowners/cell-tower-rent-payments-how-much-and-why /
So what part is news? It is very typical for companies to hire someone to scout land for them for whatever reason and to always low ball. And if you think about it how is it different than any other transaction? Say you put your car out on the street with a for sale sign on it. I knock on the door and you say "gee, I don't know make me offer" what level offer do you think you will get?