cell phone

Do cell phone batteries just die suddenly or do they usualy loose loose the ability to hold a charge, mine is 1.5 yrs old but today the phone is dead, it has been holding a charge

Reply to
ransley

Usually gradually-- hold less and less of a charge-- but if some catastrophic failure occurred (broken wire, etc.), DOA could occur...

Good news is batteries are cheap. FWIW, I've not had good luck buying after market batteries. If I had to replace my battery, I'd buy OEM-- though probably not directly from the carrier unless I needed it yesterday.

Reply to
Flatus Johnson

Follow up-- are you sure it's the battery? Does the phone work when hooked up to the charger? If not, the problem may be the phone itself....

Reply to
Flatus Johnson

I have never, ever known a cell phone to just "loose loose the ability to hold a charge". It's impossible.

Reply to
TWayne

on time diminshes to the point its useless. the cell pohone provider can likely check the phone for free and let you know if the battery is bad.

try phone plugged into charger, does it power on?

Reply to
hallerb

No, my cell phones have all been pretty tight :-)

Reply to
Harry L

Batteries don't die suddenly but chargers do. Does the phone power up while plugged in.

FWIW.. chargers are cheaper than batteries

Reply to
BRUCE

I noticed that the lithium ion batteries for my drill died suddenly which I attributed to excessive heat from me pushing those things too far. The NiCads take the punishment. I don't know if the same thing could happen with a cell phone.

Reply to
John Grabowski

Hi, LOOSE? Phone is so dead it can't even show low battery warning?

Reply to
Tony Hwang

No, it's not impossible -- any battery can have a catastrophic failure due to manufacturing defects; Google "Sony VAIO battery" for examples.

Reply to
Doug Miller

If the phone was dropped you may have a broken connection. Wet?? Was it in your possession ALL the time?

Lou

Reply to
LouB

Are we picking on "loose" vs. "lose"? If not, it's happened to me. Phone working one day, dead as a door nail the next. New battery and it's fine.

-- Doug

Reply to
Douglas Johnson

e. =EF=BF=BDPhone

happened to me too........

fine one moment dead the next.

my one year old die hard gold battery did the same thging in my van. I came home all was well, 15 minutes later the nearly brand new batytewr was stone dead,

Reply to
hallerb

They tend to get unstable with age. They can appear to be fully charged and be dead in an hour. They can also appear to get a full charge in a very short time. They also discharge rapidly when using the phone. Other times they act normally.

Reply to
Blattus Slafaly