OT FCC loses key ruling on Internet `neutrality'

http://preview.tinyurl.com/ydw8tgk
"LouB" wrote in message...

Well it didn't take long for the GREEDY big corporations to take control of the internet. Bend over everyone...
On Tue, 6 Apr 2010 15:42:18 -0700, "Bill"

What happens when the government gets control?
On 4/6/2010 3:53 PM Oren spake thus:

Bad things, of course.
But that's not the issue here. The person you replied to got it right. It's AT&T and Comcast and all the others who want to play fast and loose with what *should* be an open communication medium on a level playing field.

- a Usenet "apology"

Comcast already does it.
They'd never admit it but they will throttle high bandwidth use. When you call to complain they'll just give you the run around by keeping their own phone support personnel clueless to what is actually happening. The tech support will follow a script and go as far as suggesting you get a new cable modem.
On 4/6/2010 4:45 PM snipped-for-privacy@mucks.net spake thus:

"Have you rebooted your computer? Press [Ctrl] [Alt] [Delete] and you'll see a window that says ..."

- a Usenet "apology"
snipped-for-privacy@mucks.net wrote:

I just got a notice about Comcast owing users of peer sharing software a cash settlement fpr illegally limiting their bandwidth.
Welcome to the future.
http://i44.tinypic.com/2bv2o1.jpg
Jon