bloody ot internet

my god is every bugger and their granny on the internet at the moment?

1.5Mbps ....pants
Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Data rate:2.433 Mbps / 26.019 Mbps in Sussex with BT.

Maybe your copper wires are unnacustomed to all this hot dry sunny weather in Scotland ?.

Are you on cable or overhead copper ?. If the latter, try phoning your landline number.

Reply to
Andrew

I blame e the magnetic monopole experiments myself. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Jim GM4DHJ ... laid this down on his screen :

Have you tried re-wetting the string, it has maybe dried out with the warm weather.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

Its probably raining up there. We had a serious rainstorm last night in North Yorkshire but it hasn't affected bandwidth. If the beck floods it does - especially when the junction boxes are full of water.

Sounds like basic ADSL if he only gets <2M. I get around 1M up/5M down and 6M on a good day on an Exchange Only line with ADSL2+.

A lot of people who live even further away get sub 2M download though.

Reply to
Martin Brown

the string is wet it is pissing down and blowing a houly

===

The rain has stopped up here, but the wind ..........

Reply to
Ophelia

Ophelia explained :

A bit of rain before I got up, but we certainly have the wind.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

Martin Brown wrote on 22/05/2020 :

39.950 here, never varies..
Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

Ophelia explained :

A bit of rain before I got up, but we certainly have the wind.

==

Where are you, Harry?

Reply to
Ophelia

But you are probably near an exchange and in a town.

You should find that sync speed and SNR varies slightly with time of day. There is a diurnal pattern of RF interference from continental MW radio stations after the sun goes down. You can get a slightly faster synch speed at midday than at midnight usually unless there is a welding shop next door in which case all bets are off.

Reply to
Martin Brown

Ok, in that case the previous hot weather has allowed a previously watertight joint to move and ducks wine has now entered.

Reply to
Andrew

now 107.44....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

they must read my posts

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

first time I have ever seen it over 100 and that is on wifi as well ...

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...