OT: Die Apple!

This is amusing, Apple owes 14 billion in taxes. http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-08-30/apple-ordered-to-pay-up-to-14-5-billion-in-eu-tax-crackdown
On 8/31/2016 3:06 PM, James Wilkinson wrote:

Of course any additional tax paid overseas can be claimed as a credit against US taxes. DIE IRS!!!

Tax is theft. It's money taken from you after you worked hard to earn it, so the government can spend it on things you don't want it spent on.
--
I married my wife for her looks...but not the ones she's been giving me lately!

On 8/31/2016 8:32 PM, James Wilkinson wrote:

Sonofagun...there's something I actually agree with you on.
Even a blind squirrel finds a nuts once in awhile.

Bet you can't find a single other thing we agree on. List ten of your opinions on absolutely anything:
--
"His idea of safe sex is an `X' spray-painted on the rump of animals that are known to kick."

Your reply makes no sense.
--
"With god all things are possible" - yes: war, famine, pestilence, suffering, ..... -- Dave Moorman 2013

On 8/31/2016 7:14 PM, James Wilkinson wrote:

Not a done deal. Appeal, appeal, appeal. Settle for 2 cents on the dollar.

It's about time Apple went under. They make shite, and stupid people fall for it every time.
--
Mary had a little skirt
With slits right up the sides

Apple will a peel, then we'll get to the core of this issue.
"Ed Pawlowski" wrote
| Not a done deal. Appeal, appeal, appeal. Settle for 2 cents on the | dollar.
Not necessarily. This is Europe, where they pass civilized laws aiming at public benefit. I doubt Apple has much option to appeal. What they do have is an option to loose their lobbyist attack dogs on American Congressmen and officials, in order to put pressure on the EU to back off from requiring American businesses to operate honestly.... which is what they're doing. Hopefully the EU won't back down. It's an embarassment that our gov't is attacking the EU on things like privacy rights and closing business tax loopholes -- laws that we should be passing and enforcing ourselves.
At least it's a relief to see the mainstream media report on Apple's cheating and Tim Cook's lying for a change, instead of the usual semi-reverent fluff stories they do about Apple.

Please learn English, then we can have a conversation.
--
Excuse me sir, are you playing the bagpipes or deflating your cat?

On 8/31/2016 6:06 PM, James Wilkinson wrote:

On 8/31/2016 8:09 PM, Frank wrote:

Most of us don't care. It's easier to make fun of her sanctimonious idiocy.

What part of "James" do you consider a female name?
--
When advised that France had announced it would not assist, become allied with, or otherwise support the US in any war on Iraq, former US Presidential candidate Ross Perot reportedly said: "Having to go to war without France is sorta like having to go deer hunting without an accordion".

On 8/31/2016 8:29 PM, James Wilkinson wrote:

Perhaps within the same part where you think a female would call herself Meanie.

Meanie isn't a name. It's a made up one, and sounds girly. So does Muggles.
--
My wife doesn't surf the net, she paddles.

Where did I mention the USA?
--
What comes after 69?
Mouthwash.

You missed a chance? You must be slipping.

There is the odd thing in the world that's stupid outside of the US.
--
I remember your brother Jimmy, crying one summer's day,
"Why do you cry, young Jimmy?" I heard your granddad say.