Gravenstein Apple

We have a nice Gravenstein Apple Tree in Northern CA. How often should I water this tree?

Thanks

Reply to
Patsy Brown

Nothing peculiar about a Gravenstein Apple Tree. Watering depends a lot on the natural rainfall. I would suggest poking you finger somewhere in the drip line of the tree to feel the moisture level and act accordingly, if it feels dry. Also, watch the tree for signs of moisture problems, like droopy or curled leaves. The age and size of the tree is important, as older trees have more extensive root structure to find moisture. Generally, younger trees should be watched more closely. Your soil type is also a factor, as some soils drain quicker than others. It's not an exact science, but common sense can go a long way in these questions. Generally, it is better to give less frequent, but adequate watering, as opposed to light and more frequent waterings.

Sherw> We have a nice Gravenstein Apple Tree in Northern CA. How often should I

Reply to
sherwindu