OT, A Very Wet Christmas

It's 56°F and raining hogs and frogs here in Birmingham, AL right now. Lots of thunder and lightning. Frack! That one was close, it shook the whole house! O_o

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Well, that's not a white Xmas.

.

TDD

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Stay safe !!!

Reply to
Doug

It's 56°F and raining hogs and frogs here in Birmingham, AL right now. Lots of thunder and lightning. Frack! That one was close, it shook the whole house! O_o

TDD

Colorado (central) White Christmas this morning and 19 degrees. Shoveled the snow off the deck. WW

Reply to
WW

Hi, Calgary Alberta, -11F deg. sure white Christmas. No wind. All is well and peaceful. Busy filling the bird seeds. lots of pheasants, white hares coming to the back yard.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Back in the first of 2012 my late roommate was sitting on the living room couch during a severe thunderstorm when a 6" diameter limb punched through the roof and ceiling 6' from him and Sandy The Barking Rat. The roof and ceilings in the house weren't repaired for quite a while but they are now. It makes a lot of difference with the ceilings back in. I've been watching a movie or TV when a limb landed on the roof, it sounds like a big truck crashing into the house and really rattles the whole place. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Well it's raining in Birmingham UK too.

Reply to
harry

I'm in east Texas. We had a thunderstorm Christmas morning and rain most of the day. Then came a surprise. It snowed. Some people said it's been

100 years since we had snow on Christmas here.

BTW, we also had about 6 unexplained power outages. They were short and there were no problems when the power was out. It was when it came back on and I had to deal with all the electronic equipment with amnesia (mostly they forget to be on). At least the central heat doesn't have that problem.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

I have a half dozen UPS units and surge arresters hooked to the sensitive electronics for that reason. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

One more reason to clear trees from around the house.

Reply to
krw

We're a couple of hours (weather) behind you. It didn't start until about midnight last night and it just ended. The temperature is dropping like a rock. It's 50F!

Reply to
krw

Isn't it always?

Reply to
krw

I don't own the place, if I did there would be a lot of things done. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

It's around 9:45am on Wednesday morning right now and it's 36°F with a real feel (wind chill?) of 21°F plus light rain. What a yucky holiday. O_o

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Got that right. I came down sick Friday, just after leaving work and my knee started acting up Christmas eve about 9:00PM. Didn't get much sleep last night but I made it into work today. The long weekend sucked.

Reply to
krw

A few weeks ago, my roommate did some work on the phone system at a pediatricians office and guess what he brought home? I'm still getting over the crud. It was a week before I was able to run any service calls and it darn near killed me. I got home from a short call and felt like a group of gang bangers gave me a tuneup with baseball bats. O_o

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

The last couple times I've been sick, it's also been account of sick kids. Totally no fun, at all.

Sorry to hear that people take sick kids any where. Ought to keep them home.

.

A few weeks ago, my roommate did some work on the phone system at a pediatricians office and guess what he brought home? I'm still getting over the crud. It was a week before I was able to run any service calls and it darn near killed me. I got home from a short call and felt like a group of gang bangers gave me a tuneup with baseball bats. O_o

TDD

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Sure, starting with evicting the tenants? ;-)

Reply to
krw

It was 80 and sunny here. We loaded everyone up on the boat and went out for a Christmas day walk on the beach.

Reply to
gfretwell

Imagine the nerve of people taking their sick kids to a pediatrician, talk about a lot of nerve. What next, car accident victims to an emergency room?

Reply to
PV