OT, A Very Wet Christmas

Page 1 of 2
It's 56°F and raining hogs and frogs here in Birmingham, AL right now. Lots of thunder and lightning. Frack! That one was close, it shook the whole house! O_o
TDD
Add pictures here
✖
Well, that's not a white Xmas. http://www.intellicast.com/Local/Weather.aspx?location=USAL0054
It's 56°F and raining hogs and frogs here in Birmingham, AL right now. Lots of thunder and lightning. Frack! That one was close, it shook the whole house! O_o
TDD
Add pictures here
✖
On Tue, 25 Dec 2012 19:25:57 -0600, The Daring Dufas

Stay safe !!!
Add pictures here
✖
On 12/25/2012 10:58 PM, Doug wrote:

Back in the first of 2012 my late roommate was sitting on the living room couch during a severe thunderstorm when a 6" diameter limb punched through the roof and ceiling 6' from him and Sandy The Barking Rat. The roof and ceilings in the house weren't repaired for quite a while but they are now. It makes a lot of difference with the ceilings back in. I've been watching a movie or TV when a limb landed on the roof, it sounds like a big truck crashing into the house and really rattles the whole place. ^_^
TDD
Add pictures here
✖
On Wed, 26 Dec 2012 00:39:24 -0600, The Daring Dufas

One more reason to clear trees from around the house.
Add pictures here
✖

I don't own the place, if I did there would be a lot of things done. ^_^
TDD
Add pictures here
✖
On Wed, 26 Dec 2012 09:47:29 -0600, The Daring Dufas

Sure, starting with evicting the tenants? ;-)
Add pictures here
✖
"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message
It's 56°F and raining hogs and frogs here in Birmingham, AL right now. Lots of thunder and lightning. Frack! That one was close, it shook the whole house! O_o
TDD
Colorado (central) White Christmas this morning and 19 degrees. Shoveled the snow off the deck. WW
Add pictures here
✖
WW wrote:

Hi, Calgary Alberta, -11F deg. sure white Christmas. No wind. All is well and peaceful. Busy filling the bird seeds. lots of pheasants, white hares coming to the back yard.
Add pictures here
✖

Here in Waterloo Ontario just a dusting of snow - -2C and a "stiff breeze"
Add pictures here
✖
On Wed, 26 Dec 2012 14:28:25 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Another 2.5 inches this evening
Add pictures here
✖
On Dec 26, 1:25 am, The Daring Dufas <the-daring-du...@stinky- finger.net> wrote:

Well it's raining in Birmingham UK too.
Add pictures here
✖
On Wed, 26 Dec 2012 00:30:53 -0800 (PST), harry

Isn't it always?
Add pictures here
✖

I'm in east Texas. We had a thunderstorm Christmas morning and rain most of the day. Then came a surprise. It snowed. Some people said it's been 100 years since we had snow on Christmas here.
BTW, we also had about 6 unexplained power outages. They were short and there were no problems when the power was out. It was when it came back on and I had to deal with all the electronic equipment with amnesia (mostly they forget to be on). At least the central heat doesn't have that problem.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us
On 12/26/2012 8:28 AM, Mark Lloyd wrote:

I have a half dozen UPS units and surge arresters hooked to the sensitive electronics for that reason. ^_^
TDD
Add pictures here
✖
[snip]

I do have a couple of UPS units for the more important stuff. Even though these failures were less than an hour each, UPS battery change was too low to be very useful, considering the previous outages.
Also, I get tired of replacing UPS batteries every year or so.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us

We're a couple of hours (weather) behind you. It didn't start until about midnight last night and it just ended. The temperature is dropping like a rock. It's 50F!
Add pictures here
✖

It's around 9:45am on Wednesday morning right now and it's 36°F with a real feel (wind chill?) of 21°F plus light rain. What a yucky holiday. O_o
TDD
Add pictures here
✖
On Wed, 26 Dec 2012 09:50:50 -0600, The Daring Dufas

Got that right. I came down sick Friday, just after leaving work and my knee started acting up Christmas eve about 9:00PM. Didn't get much sleep last night but I made it into work today. The long weekend sucked.
Add pictures here
✖
On 12/26/2012 10:02 AM, snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote:

A few weeks ago, my roommate did some work on the phone system at a pediatricians office and guess what he brought home? I'm still getting over the crud. It was a week before I was able to run any service calls and it darn near killed me. I got home from a short call and felt like a group of gang bangers gave me a tuneup with baseball bats. O_o
TDD
Add pictures here
✖