No Water From Well

Page 2 of 2
On 1/30/2011 12:56 PM, hr(bob) snipped-for-privacy@att.net wrote:

I do recommend them whenever I can. I had them out here about 4 years ago when the circuit breaker would intermittently trip. I looked down the well at night and saw really cool sparks and wild sounds! They pulled about another 60 feet past the static level and repaired 3 sections of wire where at sometime lightning hit it and fried the insulation. They may have changed a fitting or two, and also added plastic spacers that center the pipe and keep the wire from rubbing along the side of the well, none had been installed from new. I think it cost me about $225. I wouldn't even think of doing it myself at that price.
On 1/29/2011 1:53 PM, Tony Miklos wrote:

I have water again! Turns out it was down 460'. They installed a Goulds 10LS15422 which is 10GPM 1.5HP not sure what else that means but I think it's all Stainless Steel.
This place shows it with a $1176 price tag!
http://www.2mco.com/catalog/2m/goulds/ls.php
I'm sure there are cheaper places. Mine cost $825. Also replaced a brass bushing, 1 check valve, 8 galvanized couplers, cable gaurds. Total was $1245.52 about what I expected.
I didn't realize what was happening, but lately when running the hose, (the outside spigot is large and is fed by a 1" main) after the pump kicked on the pressure was still dropping until the tank bladder bottomed out, then it had less flow. When the new pump kicks in the flow from the hose instantly increases.
The old pump was about 13 years old and was a Myers Rustler. The "Rustler" series is Myers cheaper line of pumps.
Tony Miklos wrote:

Probably 10 years ago I had to replace the well pump at my mother's house, in winter of course. I replaced it with an all stainless Gould also, I believe a 1/2HP version which was about $400 at my favorite supply house. A stainless adapter nipple to go to the ABS down pipe, a new well cap and a submersible splice kit rounded it out for about $500 total. This well is under 100', so it was easy enough to pull the pump by myself. The previous pump lasted around 25 years or so, hopefully this nice stainless one will be the same.