Need Manual of Emerson Quiet Kool Air Conditioner

I have a Emerson Quiet Kool air conditioner. It is a through-the-wall unit. Although it looks like a very old model (still in brown color), it cools the room quite well. I want to clean its air filter. But I cannot figure out how to get access to the air filter. Unfortunately, the air conditioner comes with the old house and I don't have the manual. Moreover, I cannot find the company "Emerson Quiet Kool" in the web. Seem like it has disappeared, or it has been bought out by Fedder or something. Anyway, I cannot find the company or its product in the web nor in Fedder web site. I need your help.

Where can I find old manual of Emerson Quiet Kool air conditioner? What's happened to the company?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Jay Chan

Reply to
jaykchan

Jay, I have a window-unit Emerson Quiet Kool that's probably 15 years old. The filter simply pulls up out of the grill. Maybe yours is different (or maybe the filter is missing). I'll send you a scan of the page in the manual that shows how my filter pulls out, and you can see if it's similar.

Reply to
SN

Hi,

*Might* get lucky and find it from Emerson....

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid

Please send me a copy of the instruction in replacing air filter from your Emerson Quiet Kool air conditioner. I appreciate your help.

Thanks.

Jay Chan

Reply to
jaykchan

Unfortunately, I cannot find the model number of my Emerson Quiet Kool air conditioner. I have tried to find it from the front, the back, the top and the bottom. But I cannot find any model number. This is really odd. Therefore, I cannot locate the owner manual from that web site. Oh well...

Seem like I need to find out the model number first before I can find the owner manual.

Jay Chan

Reply to
jaykchan

As a former employee i can tell you the Emerson Quiet Kool Corp was closed in 1993 after it was purchased by the Fedders Corp .

Fedders still produces product with the EQK logo. Your only hope is to contact Fedders Customer Service or Ebay.

Good Luck!

Reply to
mike r

Thanks for the info. I have already contacted Fedder about this. They can send me the instruction manual as long as I can give them a model number. Unfortunately, I cannot find the model number anyway that I see from outside of the air conditioner. I am afraid that the model number tag might have come off a long time ago. I am sure I can find the model number as soon as I open the front panel of the air conditioner and look inside. But I don't know how to open the front panel without breaking it and without the instruction manual -- kind of a "chicken first or egg first" situation. If they could have given me the pictures of the various models, I might be able to identify the model from the pictures. Unfortunately, they don't have the pictures. Oh well...

Currently, I really don't know what to do. May be I will carefully open the front panel. But I will not do this until the hot summer is over.

Jay Chan

Reply to
jaykchan

I have a Emerson Quiet Kool air conditioner. It is a through-the-wall

color),

Unfortunately,

Fedder

OUTSIDE , AND THE SIDES I CAN HELP YOU. I NEED THIS SO I CAN TELL YOU HOW TO CHANGE THE FILTER. MY EMAIL IS snipped-for-privacy@YAHOO.COM. I GOT AN OLD EMERSON AT THE HOUSE IT IS MY FAVORITE BRAND AND THAT IS ALL I WILL EVER HAVE. I CAN TELL YOU JUST BE LOOKING AT IN INSIDE AND OUT... :wink:

Reply to
emersonquietkool

Thanks for your offer! I will take a pictures of the air conditioners in various angles and sides and email to you during this weekend.

Thanks again!

Jay Chan

Reply to
jaykchan

replying to jaykchan, Brendi B wrote: how do you reset the Emerson Quiet Kool window unit

Reply to
Brendi B

replying to SN, Brendi wrote: how do you reset this air conditioner

Reply to
Brendi

Twelve year old post, dummy.

Reply to