Lawn Pest

You're posting a photo of a hole in your lawn? Mole, more than likely. You've probably got grubs, too. Tom

Reply to
tom

Can anyone identify the pest that made a 1" hole in my lawn, about 30 degrees downward (0 degrees is parallel to the surface) and a mound of dirt. A photo appears at alt.test, subject Lawn Pest, 8/15/05 4:48 pm.

Thanks.

Reply to
Ray K.

Chipmunks dig thus.

Reply to
Don Phillipson

:) Can anyone identify the pest that made a 1" hole in my lawn, about 30 :) degrees downward (0 degrees is parallel to the surface) and a mound of :) dirt. A photo appears at alt.test, subject Lawn Pest, 8/15/05 4:48 pm. :) :) Thanks.

Probably a large wasp called a cicada killer

have a pic of the mounds...next year you will probably have more show up and the year after that even more until you are pretty freaked out about the wasp activity about and the mounds. They are considered to be harmless, though if you step on a female she will sting you. The males have no stinger but will readily buzz around you in the yard. And the numerous mounds can be unsightly.

Lar. (to e-mail, get rid of the BUGS!!

Dancing dog is back!

Lar