Need Escutcheon For Sterling Shower

I have been going nuts looking for a replacement escutcheon for my shower. The story I got was that Sterling no longer makes them. It was even suggested to me that I should replace my entire shower, by an associate at Home Depot! What a helpful lot they are! I live in the central Connecticut area, and I guess what I need to find is a Sterling dealer with some old stock on hand. Sorry I cannot reference a part number because Sterling did not see fit to stamp one on the part. If anyone can point me in the right direction, I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

George

Reply to
gls860

Do you mean the decorative bit that covers the hole where the shower head comes out, or the decorative bit that covers the hole where the tub-spout and/or control nob comes out?

Are you looking fro just something to put there, something pretty, or something with the official stamp of approval from Sterling, inc.?

Why not just measure the pipe, and go through plumbing and heating looking for any escutcheon with that size hole?

Reply to
default

It is a circular decorative piece that covers the hole where the diverter valve, or hot/cold water mixing valve protrudes. The escutheon also includes the cold/hot water adjusting knob. Actually, I can do without the decorative escutcheon if I can find the knob I need. It fits over the shaft of the diverter valve and it measures one half inch square. I hope that nails it down. Sorry if I was vague in my original post. If worse comes to worst, I will have to have someone make one for me. Hopefully someone will read this who can point me in the right direction.

George

Reply to
gls860

I am currently looking for parts on a Bradley shower installed in 1972. I contacted Danco Plumbing, who advised me on the stems to purchase, but the parts list shows a different sized o-ring than that on the replacement product itself. I was considering purchasing new Excutcheon sleeves as well, but I don't believe it will be possible. I haven't opened the faucet entirely. I am waiting for a Saturday to do the scary deed.

Reply to
New & Improved - N/F John