Escutcheon

The current escutcheon on my front door mortice lock has a round chunky cast brass cover - hinged at the top. I'm changing the door furniture to brushed stainless steel and have found everything else apart from that. All I can find with a cover are those rather cheap looking pressed from sheet domed ones.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Presume you've searched ironmongerydirect?

How about this?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Punishment for trying to put brushed stainless steel on a Victorian front door :-)

Reply to
Graeme

Reply to
Fredxxx

Because unlike brass it doesn't need any maintenance.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Fair doos, I thought even brushed stainless deteriorates. Shiny chrome I can understand!

Reply to
Fredxxx

I find an outdoor covered escutcheon is a nuisance especially when trying to open the door with your hands full of shopping. At most, a covered escutcheon indoors and a plain one outside is all we need.

Reply to
pamela

I have a posh deadlock for normal use. The mortise lock is only there because insurance companies send to like them.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Everyone has that. ;-)

I wanted to match the rather nice outside lights from TLC. They are wall mounted, and fire a LED both up and down.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I just move it aside with the key. Simples.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Pardon me for asking a question related to DIY.

But what on earth made you think I have anything more than a passing interest in the Labour party? Other than as a way to wind up all the extreme right wing Tories on here.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)