Escutcheon

The current escutcheon on my front door mortice lock has a round chunky cast brass cover - hinged at the top. I'm changing the door furniture to brushed stainless steel and have found everything else apart from that. All I can find with a cover are those rather cheap looking pressed from sheet domed ones.
--
*Black holes are where God divided by zero *

Dave Plowman wrote:

Presume you've searched ironmongerydirect?
How about this?
<https://homebits.co.uk/acatalog/ARKITUR-design-hardware-stainless-steel-round-lever-key-hole-swing-cover.html#SIDi27

Punishment for trying to put brushed stainless steel on a Victorian front door :-)
--
Graeme

Why?

Because unlike brass it doesn't need any maintenance.
--
*Eat well, stay fit, die anyway

Fair doos, I thought even brushed stainless deteriorates. Shiny chrome I can understand!

Everyone has that. ;-)
I wanted to match the rather nice outside lights from TLC. They are wall mounted, and fire a LED both up and down.
--
*Gaffer tape - The Force, light and dark sides - holds the universe together*

Pardon me for asking a question related to DIY.
But what on earth made you think I have anything more than a passing interest in the Labour party? Other than as a way to wind up all the extreme right wing Tories on here.
--
*(on a baby-size shirt) "Party -- my crib -- two a.m

On 16:54 9 Sep 2017, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

I find an outdoor covered escutcheon is a nuisance especially when trying to open the door with your hands full of shopping. At most, a covered escutcheon indoors and a plain one outside is all we need.

I have a posh deadlock for normal use. The mortise lock is only there because insurance companies send to like them.
--
*I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder *

I just move it aside with the key. Simples.
--
"Please stop telling us what you feel. Please stop telling us what your
intuition is. Your intuitive feelings are of no interest whatsoever,