My refridgerator sounds like it's taking off!

When I close the door a loud whirring noise starts and stops when I open the door. It just started today and is very loud. Can someone clue me in on what it might be so I'm not totally ignorant when I call for the repair. Its a 5 yr old LG, water dispenser in door and bottom freezer.

What puzzles me is that it stops and starts with opening and shutting the door.

Reply to
Madx

Most refrigerators have one or more fans to circulate the air. When you open the door the fan will stop and so will the noise. Find the fan and either replace it or clear away what the blade is hitting.

Edwin Pawlowski

Maybe frost has turned to ice around your fan. or the bearings have failed. Give it a couple of days to clear itself and call the repairman.

Reply to
Deke