Sounds like water hammer

Just had a new combi fitted and now when we shut any tap in the house o

the shower off their is a loud water hammer sound in the pipe work. The noise seems to be coming from the Stop Cock area of the cold fee (we have a water meter fitted as well for info). What do you think the issue is and how can it be resolved.

Thanks in advance.

Mar

-- mark harrison

Reply to
mark harrison

Come on, can you use some empathy .... we're not there !

o Old pipe to new pipe ? o Distance from stop c*ck to combi ? o Distance from stop c*ck to water meter ? o Spacing between pipe clips ? o When did the problem first start ?

-> When was it noticed

-> Where was the person

--> i.e. Is it louder in the bathroom than the kitchen ? o Is the problem getting worse (louder / frequency) ? o What has been ruled out already ?

Without the above being answered .... I'd go for pipe clip spacing i.e. pipe is hitting wood work etc.

HTH's - Oliver.

Reply to
oli4uk

-- mark harrison

Reply to
mark harrison

Could be many things, In my recent experience, a bit of redundant pipe flapping about after some pipework alterations, a section of plastic pipe not clamped down, pipes too close together...

Reply to
DJC