My crappy new washing machine

Infusor

Page 8 of the owners manula describes and illustrates the fabric softner dispenser. It says some models have it and some don't. Your model says it has it in the advertising. Looks like it is just a different agitator cap. Maybe take the manula with you to Lowes and show them the picture.

salty

Infusor

quoted text -

My Aunt and Uncle had a front loader in the late 1950's or early

1960's. I don't know what brand.

They have also been used in landromats since a very long time ago. I remember seeing rows of them as a kid, and I'm old.

Reply to
salty

Infusor

Others have explained it rather well. It was, OTOH, news that you had gotten to step #1 of your recovery. Keep it up and in a few years you might graduate to moron.

Reply to
krw

Infusor

He said:

I'm a wondering how the front loaders could have "long-term reliability

The word "they" refers to front loaders sold for home users.

You responded with:

Nobody has explained "it" at all, except to say that commercial front loaders have been around for quite some time, which is true. Front loaders for homes nearly vanished (in the U.S.) for almost 30 years. So in fact, they do NOT have enough of a track record for anyone to predict their longevity.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Infusor

But I doubt (as George suggested) that the manufacturer would be compelled to defend locally in small claims court, since the mfr. had no direct dealing with the customer. I could be wrong, but I expect that big manufacturers were able to eliminate such possibilities long ago.

Reply to
Matt

Not nit-picky. You should thank him. I do.

Reply to
Matt

nit-picky

Reply to
salty

If it doesn't matter where the company is located, then it was nit-picky of you to mention its location in the first place.

Reply to
Matt

Those front loading washing machines are not new. My mother had one in the 50's made by Westinghouse. It washed and cleaned fine. But still had to hang clothes out on the line to dry. Used more than gal. of water.

Drawback of those machines in my opinion is if you forget to put something in the washer. Don't open while in wash cycle or you will have a flood in your house.

I'll stick with my Whirlpool washer and dryer I have had for over 20 years.

Reply to
Pat

I'm sure she has and, if asked, would put forth the perfectly sensible (to her) solution of moving the excess deer from the Midwest to mountain lion coutry in the Southwest.

Reply to
HeyBub

Heh! I saw the governor of Louisiana being interviewed by some twit after the Feds allowed Louisiana to begin a harvesting season on alligators. The interview went something like this (paraphrased):

Reporter: "Governor, what do you have to say to the environmentally-aware citizens who protest the wanton killing of these magnificent animals?"

Governor: "Magnificent animals? It's obvious those people don't know nothin' 'bout gators! Son, these gators are lined up on the Interstate just a waitin' for some fool to have a flat! Boy, we is LIP-DEEP in gators round heah! They eva-where. Just you be givin' me the names of some of these here 'gator lovers and I'll send 'em all they can handle!"

Reply to
HeyBub

No, the manual specifically says the clothes will be dry at the beginning because only a small amount of water will be at bottom of the drum. Then the clothes eventually settle into, what I like to call, "that mud puddle". Even when set on super size water level and two rinses so little water is used that the dirt simply does not leave and the clothes at the top of the pile dont even start getting wet until 10 minutes into the cycle. Pre-soaking is not a capability either, because that would involve allowing the drum to actually fill with water. So I cant pre-soak my greasy pants after I work on the car, glad the kids are not in diapers that would truly be a nightmare with this machine.

Reply to
RickH

I have been using a device for the past 2 years called a Laundry Pure. Use no soap, washes done in cold water. Works well. Only time we use soap is to pre treat some whites or pre treat really dirty clothes. I did not believe it would work before we got it, but it does so far. Have saved a ton on Tide.'

Roanin

I have been using a device for the past 2 years called a Laundry Pure. Use no soap, washes done in cold water. Works well. Only time we use soap is to pre treat some whites or pre treat really dirty clothes. I did not believe it would work before we got it, but it does so far. Have saved a ton on Tide.'

Roanin

I have been using a device for the past 2 years called a Laundry Pure. Use no soap, washes done in cold water. Works well. Only time we use soap is to pre treat some whites or pre treat really dirty clothes. I did not believe it would work before we got it, but it does so far. Have saved a ton on Tide.'

Roanin

Infusor

*YOU* are an idiot. Again, nothing new.

You're stupid. I can't help that.

Reply to
krw

Infusor

-

I think you're misunderstanding.

...and why did you buy this piece of junk again?

Reply to
krw

Infusor

The manufacturer made the (allegedly defective) machine. Of *course* they would be named in any suit, if for no other reason than to let the court figure out who is at fault (if anyone is).

You would be wrong.

Reply to
krw

Infusor

Your insolence is rather odd, but you'll grow out of it as you pass through your teen years into adulthood.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Infusor

Perhaps, but stupid is forever.