Mold in window frames

I have gotten mold in window frames of an indoor swimming pool room. Replacing the windows is expensive. I have some extra waterproofing substrate which is rated swimming pool waterproofing and outside use. The material can be painted and forms a thick coating (much thicker than regular paint). I am thinking of coating the window frames and put ceramic or stone tiles for nice surface inside and outdoors.. So I'm in effect encasing the old wood frame.
Are there any problems to above plan? What will happen to the mold? Will it stop due to lack of water and air?
wash it off with soapy water

John wrote:

Household bleach does a good job of killing mold.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
I would guess you are dealing with an environment that has high humiditity that then condenses on the window where the temperature reaches the dew point. Encasing the wood will not, I think, help in any way. Take the suggestions to clean the mold and expect to do it again. TB
While Mold does need moisture, it also needs a food source like wood or paper (facing on wallborad). Encasing the wood will deprive the mold of food and water. You should howerer, bleach clean the wood before proceeding. The "waterproofing substrate" you describe sounds like it would be enough on its own.
I saw this copper metallic glazed ceramic tile at the store recently. Given copper's propensity to kill microorganisms, this tile might be ideal for a pool room if you like the dark tones it comes in.
You could also get away with treating the wood with a wood preservative like the Jasco products. You will need to strip any varnish/finish first then let the preservative soak in good then paint over with a good enamel or solid stain and varnish etc.
Treating the entire pool room for mold will also reduce the spore count in the room thereby reducing the possibility of innoculation of mold onto other surfaces. What was that foaming concotion they made up to eradicate anthrax from the state house offices, I bet that would work well.