Liquid Ceramic instead of paint.....

Instead of painting with paint, has anyone used Liquid Ceramic? Seems to be a big radio advertising campaign in my area. My house needs painting. Just wondering if anyone has used it.....thought about getting an estimate. I think the costs is in line with vinyl siding....ie 3x paint price.

Reply to
B.Creech

I would leery of any product that claimed to be a Liquid Ceramic any more than a Liquid Steel or Liquid Glass. It is a brand name of a paint, of which quality is an unknown, and probably at the best, no better than the top line of any top brand, at the worst a ripoff.

Reply to
EXT

Don't be a fool. It is a swindle, boob bait for suckers. Ordinary paint with fumed silica thickener. This scam has been running for decades.

Richard J Kinch

Reply to
B.Creech

Reply to
Richard

I am an architect and owner of Liquid-Ceramic Carolinas, Inc.. My introduction to Liquid Ceramic was through my brother Tom Alsop, the president of Liquid Ceramic International, who had asked me for some thoughts on how an architect would view this product. I was extremely skeptical of the claims, and the homework I did following that meeting caused me to have concern that he had gotten in over his head. The industry seemed to be a repository for those looking for a quick buck and there was little or no information on what these products contained. Putting the competitors aside, I began doing my homework on Liquid Ceramic, a product manufactured by Environcoat Technologies in Canada whose parent company is traded on the Toronto stock exchange. What I found proved that this coating was in fact different, and far and away better protection for your home than the paper thin coating of paint that most folks apply to their homes. I met with the management of the company, obtained the test reports and began to put together a picture of a product that really made sense. For a long term coating to work, it has to breathe, stretch and take an impact, among other characteristics. And all of these had to be in balance. The website,

goes into more detail, but the bottom line is that the formulation created by Dr. Fred Benz is the best that I have seen, and I have over thirty years in the architectural profession on projects ranging from nuclear power plants to the 160 condos in Charleston, SC where Liquid Ceramic was applied this past year. I have personally trained over 50 painting contractors to be applicators of Liquid Ceramic in the Raleigh, Greensboro and Charleston areas and have kept the best of those as our subcontractors to apply the material for our company. We have a full time staff and a commitment to stand behind our work. In Raleigh, NC you can call 919-878-8339 to speak to Mary Ann for more information, or write me at snipped-for-privacy@liquid-ceramic.com, or respond to this note. Richard Alsop

Reply to
Richard

You write a lot of filthy spam without a single concrete claim to back up the baloney. Quite appropriate for paint that is just fluffed up with fumed silica.

Name a specific, testable, quantitative property that is superior.

Name a single ingredient that is not found in "ordinary" paint, other than the fumed silica.

Reply to
Richard J Kinch

Just what is Ceramic, basicly glass that has been made at extremely high temperatures. House paints need to expand and contract or they wont last a year, a deceptive name, Liquid Ceramic, just as I feel the product is. Also an overpiced, product line , If I was to trust a company and a warranty It would be from a company that is realy in the paint business, a long time, and has backed their products already with me. There are many real paint companys, but Sherwin Williams has cheaper longer lasting paints with a better warranty than any thick film build gunk. Lets not forget all colors fade, im sure your liquid siding won`t cover complete color retention, or compete on comparison testing.

Reply to
m Ransley

Well, ceramic is a lot more than just "glass" these high tech days. There are some low temperature curing ceramics ( sol-gels). If you mean glass as in silica, this is only one class of ceramics. If the "ceramic" ingrediant is really only fumed silica, I would agree that using the word ceramic for this paint pushes the definition quite a bit.

House paints need to expand and contract or they wont

Reply to
Gary Dyrkacz