Lifetime guarantee

Page 2 of 2
SteveB wrote:

If you mean extended warranty, it's still good, because the extended warranties are handled by a third party company, not CC.
HellT

There is ALWAYS fine print on those so-called lifetime guarantees.
Most require you to send the defective item back to the manufacturer to take advantage of the guarantee. It's a hoop that they make you jump through, which is usually enough to keep most people from bothering. They just throw the hose out and buy a new one.
Nobody fooled you. You didn't bother to read the terms and conditions before buying.
On Mon, 2 Feb 2009 06:53:03 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@rochester.rr.com wrote:

Creative marketing, some call it deceptive, others say you bought at the wrong store. I'm sure if you raised a ruckus in the store (when it is most busy) you'd get a new hose. "Squeaky wheel gets the grease" usually works, that is, if you don't get arrested.

They still sell the exact hose. There are _no_ terms or conditions. It simple says "Lifetime guarantee", and it's sold in their Sears Hardware Outlet, which they don't have on the net.
"Stun" wrote

Doesnt matter. Unless it is exclusively sold there, it's back to the manufacturere or must have recipt showing you got it there at Sears. If you got it there and within (believe it's 30 days?) they will take it back regardless.

It may not matter legally, but a very piss poor way to do business. IMHO

I don't know how you know, they still sell the same hose, but they do.
Larry K. wrote:

I've got an old Sears hose and it has held up well. Probably 25 years old. I did not get it directly from Sears so when it developed a pin hole or two, I just cut the hose and put on a cheap crimp on hose coupling.
Don't know who bought who but Sears is ruining local K-Mart. Businesses come and go and these two are going.