Lifetime guarantee

It may not matter legally, but a very piss poor way to do business. IMHO

Reply to
Larry K.

I've got an old Sears hose and it has held up well. Probably 25 years old. I did not get it directly from Sears so when it developed a pin hole or two, I just cut the hose and put on a cheap crimp on hose coupling.

Don't know who bought who but Sears is ruining local K-Mart. Businesses come and go and these two are going.

Reply to
Frank

If you mean extended warranty, it's still good, because the extended warranties are handled by a third party company, not CC.

HellT

Reply to
Hell Toupee

I seem to recall Sears handing out ratchet rebuild kits at one time whenever a customer brought a Craftsman ratchet back.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

I worked for Tandy Repair, the repair division of Radio Shack back in 1978-79 and the Radio Shack Mach One speakers had a lifetime warranty. Negro Americans were returning the damn things with the terminals and cross over networks melted not to mention all the drivers and voice coils blown. It was amazing, I think they were listening to square waves. Radio Shack did away with lifetime warranty a short time later.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

They tried to give me a USED ratchet when I brought my broken one in. The used one barely worked as well.

I asked to speak to a manager, and after a lot of arguing, ended up with a new replacement.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

They tried that on my once a long time ago. I asked for the manager and told him that when I purchased the ratchet I didn't purchase it in kit form and expected them to repair or replace it the same way. They gave me a brand new one.

Reply to
Sanity

If I had a really old Crapsman ratchet I'd rather have an old/rebuilt one than a new one for a replacement. They seemed to be much better quality in the past.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

replying to Larry K., Kenny wrote: I have two hose that leaks what do I do to get new hose

Reply to
Kenny

See a Urologist.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Sorry! I don't know of any government program that supplies free hoses to the truly needy.  You may have to purchase new ones at an Import Megamart store near you.

Reply to
Brock O. Bama