KitchenAid parent company/other brands

Page 2 of 2
On Fri, 04 Jul 2003 00:28:35 GMT, "Jon Endres, PE"

I have a top of the line Kitchen Aid, about 3 years old. I've just had quite a bit of trouble, and while it is mostly working, it still leaves a lot to be desired. When I called the company, they refused to talk to me, saying I needed to contact my dealer. The dealer is a nice enough guy and trying real hard, but he doesn't know what's wrong either. Kitchen Aid should be able to tell, since the timer always has the same approximate time on the display when it screws up (42 - 49 minutes - I forget exactly, but somewhere in that range), but they don't seem to want to bother.
Kitchen Aid was previously owned by Hobart, now Whirlpool, so I'm avoiding Whirlpool as well. I asked a friend who's an architect and he recommended Bosch and, I think, Amana. I've heard good things about Miehl, but I can't find a dealer anywhere in this area, which means there would probably be no service.
When I asked the same question here earlier, one or two folks mentioned that Bosch was either hard to service or hard to obtain parts.
-- Larry snipped-for-privacy@lmr.com
L. M. Rappaport wrote in message ...

You shouldn't have to contact the selling dealer, any KitchenAid authorized factory service depot should be able to perform service on it, even under warranty. If you're not happy with the dealer (or they can't determine the problem) call a different KitchenAid repair depot. You can locate local one using the link below.
http://ng.appliance411.com/links/jump.cgi?ID#2
Dan O. - Appliance411.com http://ng.Appliance411.com/?ref411=KitchenAid+dishwasher
=~~~~~~
On Fri, 4 Jul 2003 15:41:56 -0400, "Dan O."

-- Larry snipped-for-privacy@lmr.com

L. M. Rappaport wrote in message ...

Ever or just immediately?

I don't know too many companies in this industry that will do that, that's what they pay their service agents for. I'm sure you can see the potential for considerable staffing needs in potentially dealing with millions of end users rather than just their thousands of authorized service depots across the country?

Than check the timing chart on the wiring diagram locating in the dishwasher and see for yourself. On electronic models thay usually have a service 'tech sheet' behind the access panel and/or in the area below the tub. If not there it may be rolled up inside the console panel or on older models pasted to the inside of the outer door panel.
Dan O. - Appliance411.com http://ng.Appliance411.com/?ref411=KitchanAid+dishwasher
=~~~~~~
On Sat, 5 Jul 2003 16:47:01 -0400, "Dan O."
...snip

Again, thanks, Dan, but I looked in both places and it wasn't there. FWIW, I'd be willing to pay for one - model is KUDS01DJWH0 and serial number is FK3902687. Fax number here is (603) 237-8430.
Unit is on a 15 amp GFI circuit by itself and wired with Romex 12/2 w/ground. Breaker never trips. When the problem first started, it would blow fuses. It appeared to be caused by excessive heat as two parts of the plastic handle were melting. The service guy replaced one and I replaced the other. Then Kitchen Aid sent a kit consisting of a new fuse, fuse holder and longer wires. Fuse was same value, but higher heat rating. Now the fuse no longer blows, but the dishwasher still takes several hours (3 - 4) to complete the cycle as opposed to the 2 that it used to take.
-- Larry snipped-for-privacy@lmr.com

In wrote: > So, before I replace it, I want to know what other brands the parent

Kitchenaid is now owned by Whirlpool.
http://www.whirlpoolcorp.com /
--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN snipped-for-privacy@visi.com