Kenmore Elite Dishwasher Now an Alarm Clock

I have a Kenmore Elite Dishwasher, model 665.16582200, that I bought about 2 1/2 years ago that works correctly for some period of time, but then starts buzzing the solenoid that lets the soap dispenser open. On one or two occassions, it sounded like it was trying to inject rinse agent again and again. If I open the door or turn it off for at least thirty minutes, it works properly for a while, and then repeats the solenoid buzzing.

These problems appear to be a failure of the electronic control panel since there is no way the solenoid gets power unless the panel is doing that, but I cannot get a straight answer from Sears about whether there was an extended warranty (could this problem really be one that only I ran into?) or whether the fact that I bought it with their gold card extends the warranty.

This washer has always taken much longer than the timer control says, eg, if the timer says 79 minutes, it will take 75 to 90 minutes to get to the 30 minute dry cycle, which seems to come close to a correct count, whether I use the 'smart wash' cycle or the standard one.

Any thoughts?

Reply to
David Jensen

Just so you know, your particular Kenmore Elite dishwasher was manufactured by Whirlpool.

(665= Whirlpool)

Thanks.

I've also noticed that it's the stock number (16582) that seems to be used by most folks as the model. That was a bit confusing at first.

Reply to
David Jensen

Hi,

First one that I have heard of.

Certainly sounds likely!

What does your bill of sale say? The use & care manual should also indicate if the electronic control had a longer warranty than other items did.

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

jeff