Kenmore elite slide-in range

I've just purchased a Kenmore Elite Slide-in range that supposedly comes with optional "thinner side panels" to fit a 29" opening. I desperately need these panels if I'm going to make the range fit my existing opening. And I don't have the option of making it bigger without encroaching too much on my cabinetry. No one, not even the folks at Sears, has been able to help me out. Does anyone have any information? I'm giving it 24 more hours, then it's all going back. What a disappointment!

Reply to
kos

Assuming you have the range in your possession, what does the installation instructions say about installing with the optional panels? It should give the part or model number of those panels and how to install them. And is it side panels or optional top trim pieces they are referring to? Unless this is something new within the last year, I don't remember ever seeing anything other than optional back panels and fillers that went with slide in ranges. These were to fill in the top opening if the range was shallower or narrower. Are you by any chance trying to replace one of the old 27" ranges from GE?

Reply to
Tom G