Jenn Air built in fridge not working....

O.K. so I prematurely plugged in my fridge into the nearest receptacle and POP!! The receptacle happened to be from 20amp breaker and the manual of fridge says 15amp 110volt only. Now I ran the fridge on another receptacle coming from a 15amp breaker and it does not seem to hold temp correctly. Can anyone help me trouble shoot this behemoth- The freezer is not cooling but fridge side is cool at 34. My wife is going to kill me!!
JackWalla wrote:

Plugging it in to a 20 Amp circuit should not have caused a problem, usually kitchen circuits are a 20 amp service. I would assume that the 15 Amp specified in the manual is a minimum. It's a little odd that the fridge is cool but the freezer isn't. Is this a subzero? If so they have independant refrigeration circuits and the freezer side may have gone out. If not a subzero I have no idea.

Since you obviously don't know what you are doing, as evidenced by the above statement, I suggest calling a professional.

Is the temp-sensor in the refridgerator part, or the freezer part? If the former, the freezer won't go because the fridge is happy.
this is one of the reasons you can't run a combination unit in an unheated space. Try setting the thermostat colder on the fridge side.
JackWalla wrote:

If this is a new unit and something went POP when you plugged it in , make a service call under warrenty.
The 15 amp 110 v only label is mimimum current and operating voltage . A 20 amp circuit would not be an issue .
If the 20 amp circuit was 220 V then you have a problem , but the plug should not have fit.