is there a moderated version of alt.home.repair

No one has suggested using Thunderbird yet for some reason. Then use http://news.aioe.org/ or http://www.eternal-september.org news servers. Thunderbird can eliminate a lot of the unwanted stuff.
On 9/1/2016 6:54 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:

I've asked folks in news.mozzila.org for advice which has helped. There are few like that nut in Canada whose mother was "murdered" that are unsolvable by TB.
"Dean Hoffman" wrote:
| No one has suggested using Thunderbird yet for some reason.
I did. There are also more dedicated newsreader programs. But people using Google Groups first need to learn what Usenet is and how groups work, so that they can research a newsreader and set it up.
On Thursday, September 1, 2016 at 8:34:24 PM UTC-4, Mayayana wrote:

Not *all* people using Google Groups need to learn about usenet. Some of us have been participating in usenet groups for decades, long before there was even a Google to Group. We know about newsreaders and we know how to set them up.
We also have valid reasons for using Google Groups.

Yes, it is at www.homeownershub.com Nice people there. I think Chris was the main moderator.
"Ed Pawlowski" wrote
| Yes, it is at www.homeownershub.com Nice people there. I think Chris | was the main moderator.
?? That's the site that keeps dumping posts here. It appears to me that they're trying to market their site by spamming newsgroups.
On 9/1/2016 8:34 PM, Mayayana wrote:

Subtle humor. Chris was always nagging people from there.
On Thursday, September 1, 2016 at 10:28:16 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Even though it wasn't their fault that their posts ended up in a.h.r. They probably didn't even know it.
On Thursday, September 1, 2016 at 10:47:17 AM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

over in the nasa science space area a member ceated a moderated group. it was a smashing success, perhaps 10 posts a year.........
no traffic at all
On 09/01/2016 11:46 AM, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Did you ever wonder what kind of person wants to moderate the opinion of others?

One man's noise is another man's music.
For example, I love the sound of a 747's 4 engines spinning up on take off. OTOH, the law is the only thing that prevents me from shooting obnoxious Harleys with load pipes. :-)

Yes, they use it to harves your personal info for profit. There is no escaping G$

We need Trump. I hope he wins.
Clinton is a disgusting manipulative bitch. Cough...(oh poor me)...cough...(oh poor me)...cough...cough
Obama is a disgrace to the black race.

You're welcome!
On Saturday, September 10, 2016 at 10:29:05 AM UTC-4, hall pass wrote:

I have been a moderator of several groups, including about the old petticoat junction tv show, geez that was a nightmare, at obesityhelp.com about weight loss surgery.
i did it only to help others and always believed the least moderation is the best moderation