Infill wall for garage door opening

I wish to build a non-bearing exterior wall to fill-in an existing garage door opening. Here is a picture:
http://i19.tinypic.com/3z0rpeo.jpg
I'll need to form and pour a 6" concrete curb for the sill plate of the wall. My question is this: can the curb be poured on top of the existing concrete pad using a concrete bonding agent, or should I cut out the pad and then do the form and pour?
Thanks to all for your responses.
--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Its none bearing, so no need to cut out anything. You "might" want to drill into the slab & place a few dowels.
Actually if you place some really long threaded ones, you could let them stick up through your pour & they'd be your wall anchors.
make sure you have an adequate connection up top, hate to have that wall fall over on someone.
also cut away that door jam / framing do you don't create a rot / termite issue
cheers Bob
BobK207 wrote:

Thanks, Bob.
--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

If the garage was built correctly, there is already a footer and foundation under the door edge of the slab. Many builders cheap out and skip that part, and apparently many local codes don't require it. Talk to local inspector, if such minor projects require a permit in your area. Short of boring an angled hole on one side of door or other, and poking some rebar down there to probe, I don't know any good way to verify what they did.
But having said all that- if there is no inspection involved- I'd thump the area real well by bouncing a section of steel pipe or a long prybar on it, and compare the sound to the middle of the slab. If the slab isn't supported at the edge, it should ring hollow. If it is supported, I'd just lay up the new curb section out of block, unless you are mixing concrete for some other reason anyway. Unless you plan on bumping into the wall a lot, a couple pieces of rebar epoxied or mudded into holes drilled into the slab should be plenty of anchoring.
aem sends.....
aemeijers wrote:

Appreciate the info; thanks.
--