incandescent light bulb phase-out in the U.S. (are flood bulbs exempt?)

Page 5 of 5
On Tue, 13 Sep 2011 14:52:21 -0700 (PDT), " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com"

I've used (some) halogens for many years. As I said in another article, they're great for some applications; not others.

Bullshit! Show me where that is in the Constitution!
Add pictures here
βœ–
snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz wrote the following:

It's a rider in the 'right to bear arms' amendment. :-)
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Oh, I never looked under that "shall not be infringed" penumbra. ;-)
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Sep 16, 8:40 am, " snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz"

It's in the voting part, remember voting! We vote the folks to do what we want, if they don't do it then we vote in other folks. The rest is limits on what they can do after the vote, like interstate (and international) commerce.
Furthermore:Stormin Mormon said:

That's only is effective if there is money to spend. This is why we don't charge for voting, and why public education is so vital. (Yes I know you think that's all screwed up too. Go find another group for that conversation.)
I loved hearing that Texas wanted to set up in-state light bulb manufacturing. That was a good laugh.
--
RickR

Add pictures here
βœ–
On Sun, 18 Sep 2011 11:58:48 -0700 (PDT), " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com"

Go back to school and learn something about US government and the Constitution. We used to call it "Civics". You clearly were sleeping, if they even teach it anymore.

Another clueless moron found.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Tue, 13 Sep 2011 17:47:34 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"

It's in there. Obama just needs to raise taxes.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Tue, 13 Sep 2011 20:23:37 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"

Sure, but some of the peons still have a little left. *Every* proposal from Obummer contains yet higher taxes.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Tue, 13 Sep 2011 20:43:58 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"

Flogging? Well...
Add pictures here
βœ–
Stormin Mormon wrote:

You miss the goal entirely. It is the flogging that's important, not getting the horse to do what you want.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Nope. Obama actually reduced taxes, but don't let facts stand in your way.
Add pictures here
βœ–
In article
,

One tax for a year and campaigning rather insistently about increasing taxes forever. Not really an impressive record in that area.
βœ–
On Tue, 20 Sep 2011 04:13:21 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"

What, you don't believe in "Hope and Change"? Hirn certainly does.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Tue, 20 Sep 2011 12:26:03 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"

Even without the "System Restore", Reagan would be better than what we have now. OTOH, it's become crystal clear why Obummer picked the Veep he did; *very* useful.
Add pictures here
βœ–

I'd like to restore back to Eisenhower, before Johnson started all the great society crap from which virtually every entitlement program is descended.
That, and have Johnson caught for fixing his first election, which would derail his political career.
Gary
Add pictures here
βœ–

Having trouble separating a news report about a proposal from an actual event?
I'd try to explain the difference but I've already had my brick wall quota for today.
--
Dan Espen

Add pictures here
βœ–
On Sun, 11 Sep 2011 11:35:29 -0700 (PDT), techman41973

Well, this is what happens when you rely on Wikipedia instead of the source documentation. Wikipedia is sometimes correct, but can also be incorrect, as there is no quality control.
The source documentation here is the Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007, available as a PDF for no charge at http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/PLAW-110publ140/pdf/PLAW-110publ140.pdf
Incandescent lamps are not being banned. The Energy Independnce and Security Act of 2007 imposes certain minimum performance requirements for many lamp types, including commonly used incandescent lamps. You will still be able to buy high efficieny versions that use halogen incandescent technology. In spite of other comments in this thread, halogen incandecent lamps are "real: incandescent lamps. They generate light by heating a tungsten filament to a high temperature, and produce a continuous spectrum, just like any other incandescent lamp. They can be dimmed line any other incandescent lamp. The only observable difference is that the color temperature is somewhat higher.
Vic Roberts http://www.RobertsResearchInc.com http://www.cflfacts.com sci.engr.lighting Rogues Gallery http://www.langmuir.org To reply via e-mail: replace xyz with vdr in the Reply to: address or use e-mail address listed at the Web site.
This information is provided for educational purposes only. It may not be used in any publication or posted on any Web site without written permission.
Add pictures here
βœ–

I am no constitutional expert, but I suspect the SCOTUS would support this regulation under the guise of interstate commerce.
Add pictures here
βœ–