Ignoring with Thunderbird

Anyone know how to put a user on ignore using Thunderbird newsgroup client? By ignore, I mean not see their replies, posts, etc. similar to how it was done with Outlook Express.
Thanks
On 12/15/2013 8:08 AM, Meanie wrote:

Very simple.
Bring up the message posted by the user you wish to filter (e.g. yourapeon<g>)
Right Click on the address in the From:
A drop box will open and one of the selections will be "Create Filter From" Left click on that and do your thing. There are all kinds of options you can use.
Some of them are quite fun and can be a bit nasty.<g>
On 12/15/2013 8:08 AM, Meanie wrote:

Personally I never killfile anyone but I've told a number of anti free speech types and netcops to please killfile me. I'm using Thunderbird 24.2.0 and if you tell me which poster you wish to filter, I would be glad to tell you the steps to take, even if you wished to filter out me. ^_^
TDD

I kill-filed the loon that harasses you but when you respond to him I see the responses. How can I k-f your responses without k-f'ing you?
On 12/15/2013 12:39 PM, Frank wrote:

Messing with T-B, I see there is an ignore thread option that can also be added.
On 12/15/2013 11:44 AM, Frank wrote:

You can simply press "k" when you're in a thread and it will kill that thread. I do that whenever I see a spammer, Arabic or other non English writing. Try pressing "k" when you are on a thread that bothers you. ^_^
TDD

I used to use T-bird. I made the mistake of upgrading and what was once a great KF function, with many options, was gone.
O.E. used to have a good filter system. 2000 to XP transition version IIRC.
I still curse Google for starting the web-based crap. Well, easier access than the AOL route that most could not fathom. I don't give a rip about binary groups and I prefer a reader focused on text. All of the other news-readers do not pull this off as readily as TB and OE.
On 12/15/2013 2:58 PM, Irreverent Maximus wrote:

It's not as intuitive in T-B as it should be but appears to be there.

Do that all the time but k-f'ing the thread should do what I want. I'm sure if loon gets no response, he'll munge his address. These folks thrive on responses, positive or negative.
On 12/15/2013 2:22 PM, Frank wrote:

Killer Loon is a well know nymshifter who has already changed its nym in another group. If it sees it getting no response from one nym because it's been killfiled, it changes its nym again to spew more calumny. ^_^
TDD

I love my my "k" key.
Jon
On 12-15-2013, 14:07, The Daring Dufas wrote: > You can simply press "k" when you're in a thread and it will kill

Unfortunately, that function is mislabeled. It acts on all posts in the thread AT THE TIME. If anyone posts in the thread after you exit, you'll see those posts when you run TB again.
But the "ignore thread/subthread" in the filters are actually persistent.
--
Wes Groleau

Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns
On 12-15-2013, 12:44, Frank wrote:

Even better, "ignore subthread"
--
Wes Groleau

Promote multi-use trails in northeast Indiana!
On 12/16/2013 12:12 AM, Wes Groleau wrote:

I have been playing with T-Bird for a bit. The usual learning curve is in effect. One thing that would be nice is to have a KF button and a refresh folder button.
I was messing around with a few different news readers a few years back and there was one that had a <PLONK> button. That was awesome. Too bad the program was primarily for binary groups and did not function well for convenient reading. I guess I am spoiled, but I like to double-click the first message and then just arrow through, marking unread those which I choose to respond to.
With OE and Live, when I am done with the group, hitting the F5 or the refresh option from the menu clears all of the read messages and downloads anything new.
Now, to fix the limit characters thing while typing a response.
On 12/16/2013 12:37 AM, Irreverent Maximus wrote:

Hmm, it would appear that the auto-wrap feature for T-Bird is not obviously adjustable.

People can be free to speak wherever they want (except on my property) but I don't have to listen/read it. Therefore, I'll simply ignore them.
Yes, I also have 24.2.0 and no, it's not you. I've never seen a reason to ignore you. On the other hand, there are some idiots who just don't get it. Obviously, this is why they are idiots.
On 12/15/2013 1:45 PM, Meanie wrote:

The Killer Loon freak who followed me here from another group is using part of my nym thinking it can somehow harm me but it's post count died out in the other group so it has nymshifted again. I guess everyone has figured out by now that Killer Loon is the progeny of a human female and some sort of livestock so I suppose I'll stop hammering away at it. ^_^
TDD

As was stated by Oren, it was obvious from day one who the troll is. Some idiots simply have a deep void in their lives to fill. Gaining a wee bit of attention in a newsgroup is apparently the best they can do to satisfy their pathetic craving as I'm sure they are constantly shut down in the real world.
On 12/15/2013 6:21 PM, Meanie wrote:

Killer Loon is one of those bizarre Leftist freaks who's mind is ruled by emotion instead of rationality. By design, everything it does is irrational. ^_^
TDD
On 12/15/2013 9:08 AM, Meanie wrote:

matey! ! Antivirus

Look for the triple equals sign in the upper right. Hover. Slide down. Select message. Slide down to the options at bottom of the new pop open.
--
.
Christopher A. Young