hygienic toilets

I've heard that a significant number of toilets in Japan are made with a butt sprayer so you don't have to smear shit all over yourself with toilet paper.
Anybody familiar with those toilets? Sounds like a great idea to me.
I'm genuinely curious. Thank you.
They have just combined a Bidet and a Toilet. Fine if you don't mind paying thousands for a crapper and wiring AC and plumbing hot water to it. Don't forget the heated toilet seat (mmm, the lap of luxurey)
Never tried one though I did stay in a hotel that had hot water plumbed to the toilets. I'm wondering, why is it steamy down there?

"PipeDown" <nowhere earthlink.net> wrote:

Not according to my brief search. There are no thousands, AC wiring, or hot water necessary. Apparently misting cold water can lessen the discomfort.

There is no electricity required.

Search on the word "bidet".

Thanks. That's really all I needed to know.
Have fun.

It's called a "washlet". You may never leave the bathroom<g>
http://www.totousa.com/consumer_landing.asp

Seems as though the spray would spray the poo into the air; or at least some of it.