Hurricane (FLA) Housing Codes?

Page 2 of 2

Absolutely. This is an apartment complex fed from the same main feeder off the street. All the above ground fed units are up, the underground fed units are down. They could fix the down lines fast but they didn't have time to screw with the underground stuff.

Water tables schmwater tables. They put many of these transmission lines right on the ocean/river/lake/sound floor!
Kurt Ullman wrote:

We just got our power back on about an hour ago, then off, on, off, on, .........Florida power isn't reliable on a good day. Our area operates on max limit, lots of surges and flickers. I heard on the news yesterday.....battery radio.....a piece about the hours power co. employees have been working. They got to 16 hours on, 8 off, then 24 on, 8 off. Didn't learn the area they were speaking of,but that is approaching danger levels IMO. The land of retirees voted down tax measures that would have built roads, schools, bridges, etc., and now have been playing catchup to try to meet the dense population's needs. Over saturated, over built. Lots of folks bought into areas that are really risky environmentally....barrier islands move, but folks want them to stay in place. Not nature's way :o)