Water leaks! (hurricane)

After the latest hurricanes, we've had leaks in our ceiling (popcorn). The leaks are all in the center line of the house so I'd guess that water got blown in the ridge vents. Should I be making any repairs for this and will the water have harmed the insullation? Also, how do I get rid of the water stains?

We've also had water come in through 2 windows. I dried up the water immediately and now only see water stains on the drywall (the carpet smells fine). Anything I should be doing to repair this?

Since my husband's stroke, I've the the chief fixer-upper and I've actually been enjoying the challenge. Appreciate your suggestions.

Sandy

Reply to
sandy

Assuming the water was only coming in the ridge vent it'll probably dry in the attic from the heat of the day. After the ceiling dries for a few days prepare center of the room for spray painting the ceiling. There's a product called Kilz available at any home center or hardware/paint store. Spray it on the stains and you will end up with white where the stains were. Paint to match color if needed after a just a few minutes of drying time.

Kilz also works well on drywall and window sill water stains.

H> After the latest hurricanes, we've had leaks in our ceiling (popcorn).

Reply to
TR Neafie