How to remove Maytag Dishwasher Drain Impeller?

How the heck do you get the drain impeller of this sucker (MDB6000AWW)? I want to get at the pump seal to replace it. So I also need to remove the shaft the drain impeller sits on.
Thanks.
It might be reverse threaded? Tom

The metal grommet that the impeller sits on appears to be pressed on to some kind of rubber on the motor shaft. I don't even see this on the parts diagram. I don't want to damage the part on the shaft, as I don't see a replacement.
Perhaps this will help someone else down the road, so I'm answering my own question.
I had to use a gear puller to get the impeller ring (smoked the blade) off the motor shaft. I figured this out after buying a replacement impeller and seeing how they went together. The bad news is that removing the impeller ring damaged the plastic sleeve that covers the motor shaft. This was pretty much unavoidable as the motor shaft was severely rusted under the plastic and badly swollen. I suspect this plastic sleeve is heat sealed on the shaft when the motor was made.
I would imagine that repairing a pump shaft leak on this model is pretty much impossible due to the sealed nature of the shaft. You're basically stuck replacing the whole motor/pump unit. I wasn't even able to find the motor separate from the pump.