Loew's already loaded up for Xmas

This morning I had to go to loew's for something and lo and behold, they have Xmas in mind already on Oct 1st. Anyhow, I figured that I needed some Xmas lights so I was looking for fiber optics lights. I think that is what is called. I asked the girl and she never heard of them..suprise! I did see something that looked like it..it was called L.E.D. lights. Does anyone know if they are one and the same? They are not cheap.

Reply to
Boothbay

Our HD here had the lawnmowers put away and all the snowblowers out over 3 weeks ago.

On the other part of your post.

I have seen fiber optic christmas trees,and wreaths, but never just light "strings". (something new this year ????)

The LED lights are just solid state light emiting diodes rather than tiny incandescent light bulbs but you see yourself, up until now very expensive.

They are a bit more energy efficient, and run "cold" to the touch, but I notice a "flicker" on the few sets I have from a few years ago, and they only came in red and green bulbs. Perhaps they are getting better now.

AMUN

Reply to
Amun

So is HD. I was at both of them almost a week ago. I guess when we stop buying weed trimmers they take them out and put in Christmas trimmers.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

no not the same.

Reply to
evodawg

Not here, even though it's sood to be leaf-season. I expect to see the crap (it is crap in October!) any day now.

Reply to
keith

Reply to
G Hensley

I don't have a problem with any of you asswipes, just as I don't have a problem pointing out what a clueless f*ck AMUN is.

Do you want to have a problem Meehan? Sounds like it... FO.

Reply to
G Hensley

You should know you ignorant bastard. STFU.

Reply to
G Hensley

ROTFLMAO

oh, no. Helslee is going to stop everyone from looking at others opinions

Is that doorknob still around. I killfiled that idiot long ago.

Amazing what a troll will keep doing for attention.

AMUN

Reply to
Amun

G Hensley wrote: WARNING:

Your messages says a lot about you but nothing about those who you seem to have a personal problem with.

I guess now I will be on that list. :-)

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Don't need to. I get plenty from a young gal over at the Bronx zoo.

Reply to
G Hensley

Very little attention. I guess he does not get much attention at home.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Is this her????? ;)

PipeDown

Not that I much like GH's attitude, but he is dead-on with "AMUN". THe latter so clueless that he's dangerous to others.

Perhaps, but don't stick up for "AMUN". He isn't worth your typing.

Reply to
keith

I was not. I don't recall any thing about AMUN one way or another. I suggest that an attack on the individual providing bad advice is far less effective than simply explaining why the advice is wrong and unsafe.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan