How do you create a PDF by copying a page in an HP printer/copier?

Oh no. It's hard enough to download any driver on the HP ftp site web page, let alone the right driver!

Of these choices for the LaserJet 3200m

Which is the TWAIN driver?

HP Universal Print Driver for Windows PCL5 HP Universal Print Driver for Windows PCL6 HP Universal Print Driver for Windows PostScript

hp LaserJet 3200 firmware update utility hp LaserJet 3200 PCL 5e driver hp LaserJet 3200 PCL 5e point and print bundle HP LaserJet 3200 PCL 6 driver HP LaserJet 3200 PCL 6 Point and Print Bundle HP LaserJet 3200m PCL 5e, PCL 6, PS Driver Bundle hp LaserJet 3200 software update HP LaserJet 3200m PS Point and Print Bundle HP LaserJet Windows XP Communication Patch HP LaserJet 3200m PS All-In-One Printer

Or are none of these options the TWAIN driver?

Reply to
Brent

Followed your link and downloaded "lj623en.exe" successfully at 4.8 mbs. Using Chrome but just tried it with FF 3.6 with same result.

Just to be sure, here's the page:

Airman Basic

Unfortunately, "none of them" seems to be the answer:

Warren Block

Hours later, I try again, and get a teeny tiny bit farther:

  1. I go here

  1. I select the download button for the hp LaserJet 3200 firmware update utility

  2. It tries to get this file ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software1/lj623/lj-2479-2/lj623en.exe

  1. But the error message invariably is The server at ftp.hp.com is taking too long to respond.

Likewise with the "hp LaserJet 3200 PCL 5e driver" at ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software1/lj563/lj-5504-1/lj563en.exe

Can anyone else get these HP software driver URLs? ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software1/lj623/lj-2479-2/lj623en.exe ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software1/lj563/lj-5504-1/lj563en.exe

Reply to
Brent

lj-2479-2/lj623en.exe

/softlib/software1/lj563/lj-5504-1/lj563en.exe

ftlib/software1/lj623/lj-2479-2/lj623en.exeftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/sof= tware1/lj563/lj-5504-1/lj563en.exe

Try getting/downloading the driver from a neighbor's computer and then transfer it to your computer as an e-mail attachment or on a memory stick.

Reply to
hrhofmann

Works fine for me, like downloading from HP almost always does. I'm not a fan of their bloatware client applications, but never had any trouble finding drivers. Like others have said, I think something about your connection is choked down, or your firewall is trying to protect you. You may need to make the HP sites 'trusted sites' in whatever browser/security/firewall packages you are using.

Of course, until you figure it out, you could always just take the document down to Kinko's or someplace, and have them scan it to a thumb drive or disc for you.

-- aem sends...

Reply to
aemeijers

fileftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software1/lj623/lj-2479-2/lj623en.exe

atftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software1/lj563/lj-5504-1/lj563en.exe

URLs?ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software1/lj623/lj-2479-2/lj623en.exeftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software1/lj563/lj-5504-1/lj563en.exe

You must have really friendly and trusting neighbors out your way....

-- aem sends....

Reply to
aemeijers

Twain driver is probably in Windows....I can't imagine how it interacts with your printer (or mine:o) but if you install old software, like your printer, you might need to make sure WinXP is up to date. From the list above, my GUESS would be the xp communication patch. On one of the pages I posted links to, there is the option to let HP look at your puter to see what it needs. I would definitely try that.

Reply to
norminn

Wonder how you got into FTP??!! When I downloaded a driver, it just gave me a window to save in.

Reply to
norminn

The last time I had a really serious software issue was with the first version of Win95. But, then, I had been through the trials of Win 3 to try to overcome their kernel problems....made a computer user of me :o)

Reply to
norminn

Brent wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@tioat.net:

Look, you've already been told the site is down. Now, you're a troll with all your excuses. Go to a "help" group and bother them. Take the Home repair group off your cross post. p.s. f*ck off.

Reply to
Stepfann King

The site isn't down. If you don't like the thread, don't read it.

Reply to
norminn

" snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net" wrote in news:XJ-dncGZbJ3AAOXWnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:

You can f*ck off,too.

Reply to
Stepfann King

23/lj-2479-2/lj623en.exe

pub/softlib/software1/lj563/lj-5504-1/lj563en.exe

/softlib/software1/lj623/lj-2479-2/lj623en.exeftp...

I would trust my life with most of my neighbors. They are a great bunch of folks, have known them for at least 15 years and gone thru births, deaths and marriages during that time.

Reply to
hrhofmann

fileftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software1/lj623/lj-2479-2/lj623en.exe

atftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software1/lj563/lj-5504-1/lj563en.exe

URLs?ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software1/lj623/lj-2479-2/lj623en.exeftp...

I don't even know most of my neighbor's names, and have never been in their houses.... Nothing against them, mind you, it just never came up. We nod and wave when we are out on our respective evening walks, one guy borrowed my ladder once (which I happily lent, since he surprised me with a cleared driveway a couple times before I bought my snow blower), and we shoot the breeze when a house goes vacant, and all gather for the realtor open house. But we don't really socialize. Only reason I think some of them even have computers, is because my router shows them banging on the door.... (Not on purpose, I'm sure- just typical big-box promiscuous wireless setups.)

Guess I got stand-offish living in apartments all those decades, what with the constant turnover, and too-tight quarters. But having an old-fashioned neighborhood like you do is a very nice thing....

-- aem sends...

Reply to
aemeijers

Thanks Airman! The bad news is I can't (yet) get that file but the good news is that, if others can get it, then it must be something in my setup.

I'll keep looking at my setup. I think it's in the router more than the computer if it is, 'cuz I can't get it from multiple computers.

What I will try to do is bring a flash card to the local library, access this thread, and try to download it from there (I doubt they have newsreaders but I think google will show this thread ok).

Thanks for confirming that the problem is on my side and not on the HP side.

Reply to
Brent

Oh oh. The answer from Warren Block on 2/14/2010 at

8:48:06 PM seems to be that NONE of the scanner TWAIN drivers are available directly from HP's free web site.

:(

Reply to
Brent

If that route would have worked, I would have substituted "local library" for "friendly neighbor".

Either way would work IF HP actually supplied the TWAIN scanner drivers for the Laser Jet 3200 m on their web site.

But, the message from Warren Block on 2/14/2010 at

8:48:06 PM shows others have tried and failed.

The necessary TWAIN drivers for the scanner on the HP 3200m are NOT available for free on the HP download site. You have to order a replacement CDROM.

Now, at least, I know what I need to do. (finally)

Reply to
Brent

Actually I ended up taking a photograph of the document and then printing that photograph to PDF with the cutePDF freeware printer driver.

But the results are substandard - and scanning directly from the HP 3200m LaserJet to an OCR-capable PDF file on disk is really the way to go.

Reply to
Brent

I did try that yesterday. And failed.

  1. In Firefox 3.6, on WinXP SP3, I started at the HP driver page for the Laser Jet 3200m
  2. I pressed the HP link titled "Automatically check to see if your driver needs updating (MS windows only)"
  3. On Firefox 3.6, this reported the error: HP Instant Support - Driver Check Unsupported Operating System or Browser Currently HP Instant Support - Driver Check supports only Windows 2000, Windows XP, and later systems running Microsoft Internet Explorer (IE) 5.0 and above.

  1. On IE 8.0, this also failed with no errors reported (just a blank page).

End result: Nice idea of HP to check for outdated drivers - but bad implementation. And, even so, there's great doubt HP would update the TWAIN drivers (which is what we need to enable the HP LaserJet 3200 m scanner).

Reply to
Brent