How do you create a PDF by copying a page in an HP printer/copier?

Naaaaaa, he was referring to Froot Loops!

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

I agree that it's probably a driver issue. But the last HP printer I had (several years ago) had to have a massive bloated application program installed that often crashed, and the only way to fix it was to delete everything, and do a completely fresh install, each time it did crash. (usually once or twice a month)

OH !,... and now I remember why I no longer own an HP printer.

Reply to
Bast

Actually, I meant the "parallel port".

Reply to
Brent

Hi Dave, Thanks for the update. I read it with interest. I see I need to locate the HP printer drivers for a Win XP version of the laserjet 3200m.

Unfortunately for two days the HP ftp web site has been unable to process the driver request.

Maybe it's just me, but this URL times out EVERY time when I try to access ANY HP driver on that web page! :(

Brent

The HP SOlution Center would probably work if I could download the Win XP HP Solution Center printer drivers for the Laserjet 3200m but none of the drivers are available on the HP web site.

Can someone just try the HP download to see if it's just me or if nobody can access the printer drivers from the HP ftp site:

Starting at the HP LaserJet 3200m download page:

I press on the Windows XP link and then I try to access the firmware, the drivers, anything ... and all time out and deliver nothing.

It's soooo very frustrating just trying to download a software driver.

I even tried CNET and other links (most of which are trying to sell driver-detection software) but they pointed back to the bogus HP web site where the drivers are listed but nobody can get them.

At least I can't. Can you?

Reply to
Brent

No. I'm not sure. But I've realized from all your help that the problem is that I can't download the proper Windows XP drivers for the Laserjet 3200m from the HP web site.

Nobody can (as far as I can tell) as I've been trying for two days.

You can click on the link for the driver but it times out, every time.

At least it does for me.

Reply to
Brent

All I want is what anyone would want which is to feed a piece of paper in the printer (scan it) and have it show up on the Windows XP PC as a PDF file.

I realize now I don't have the scanner drivers but when I go to the scanners control panel, it doesn't have any entry for the HP 3200m Laserjet printer.

And, as I noted, the HP web site doesn't allow downloads of the drivers for this printer (at least I can't get them to download).

Brent

While it's easy to "find" the drivers, it's frustratingly impossible to actually DOWNLOAD them from the HP web site! :(

I have been trying for two days to simply download a single driver off the HP web site for the WinXP LaserJet 3200m and failed every time.

Can ANYONE download that driver off the HP web site?

Brent

Brent wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@tioat.net:

I just went to the HP website. Clicked on the Support and requested a download. The next screen was "Service Unavailable". You'll have to wait til the site is fixed.

Try this site for the manual:

TD

I got their PDL driver okay (although HP has a piss-poor reputation for drivers).

Maybe your firewall is getting in the way?

Reply to
HeyBub

Seems to work here. Perhaps you need to try a different browser?

Reply to
Airman Basic

Brent wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@tioat.net:

You have too many problems. Turn OFF your computer and never turn it back ON.

Reply to
RobertPatrick

BlunderBird forgery

Filter on

$$gwx18quhxz9-wu_g$qv3bkmank

Reply to
Gordon Darling

Brent, that site works for me, on 2/14/10 at 11:44 AM EST. I just downloaded the "HP Universal Print Drive for Windows PCL6" without a hitch by pressing the black download button next to the driver's name on the page corresponding to the link you provided after your text "driver request" in your above e-mail. Perhaps me or someone else who seems to be able to download from that page can e-mail the specific driver(s) you want from that page as e-mail attachments? Peter

Reply to
Peter

What exact link did you try?

This link does not work for me on multiple computers and on two browsers (IE 8 and Firefox 3.6 on Windows XP SP3).

It just times out, time after time. I just did it again (see below).

Here's what happens when I go to the HP download driver process:

  1. Start at HP support:
    Enter: "LaserJet 3200m"
  2. That brings me here:
    Press: "Download drivers and software"
  3. Press: "HP LaserJet 3200m All-in-One Printer"
  4. Which brings me here:
    Press "Microsoft Windows XP"
  5. Opens the LaserJet 3200m driver page:
    I'm not sure which driver is the one I need for the scanner but I haven't updated the firmware so I tried that first: a) Click on "Download" for "hp LaserJet 3200 firmware update utility" b) Waiting for h20000.www2.hp.com... c) Transferring data from h20000.www2.hp.com...

And then it times out.

I think the driver I need for the scanner might be embedded here: a) Click on "hp LaserJet 3200 firmware update utility" b) Same "waiting for" and "transferring data" c) But nothing gets downloaded

It finally times out.

I don't see how there's anything on my side stopping it (ActiveX is all enabled on the IE browser and popups are enabled on both browsers).

Are you sure you were able to download the driver? What is the file name & file size that you eventually downloaded?

Reply to
Brent

I think I'll disable everything (firewall, antivirus, popupblockers, activex enabled, etc.) and keep trying ...

Some reported they could download the drivers at

Others reported that the HP "site was unavailable"; so I think it might be a flaky site altogether.

Reply to
Brent

From: "Peter"

| Brent, that site works for me, on 2/14/10 at 11:44 AM EST. I just downloaded | the "HP Universal Print Drive for Windows PCL6" without a hitch by pressing the | black download button next to the driver's name on the page corresponding to the | link you provided after your text "driver request" in your above e-mail. | Perhaps me or someone else who seems to be able to download from that page can | e-mail the specific driver(s) you want from that page as e-mail attachments? Peter

That's neither the hardware driver nor TWAIN driver. That is only the PCL print drver.

Reply to
David H. Lipman

I just downloaded the original driver on my clunky, slow dialup connection. Took about a minute. I can't imagine what you are doing wrong in downloading, unless your firewall or super busy traffic blocked the download.

One of the help documents for your printer says that the default format for scan-to-email is PDF.....have your tried that?

If your printer is 8 years old, you may have different versions of stuff, like OCR or Acrobat, that aren't compatible. I've had 3 HP printers and never had trouble getting them to do what I want. Canon Cannoscan, about 6 mos old, about $80, does everything...scan and save in many resolutions and formats, including PDF. Can't edit the PDF, of course, in Acrobat Reader. Tried your scan-to-email to see if PDF works that way?

There is a bunch of downloadables at the link below, including "Point and Print Bundle", whatever the heck that is:

norminn

I had no trouble at all navigating the site or downloading on several diffent tries....if you are on Comcast, that might explain it. POS.

Reply to
norminn

Once I get the scanner working ... I will try that as it's just what the MD ordered.

The problem now is finding and getting the LaserJet 3200m "TWAIN" driver at the HP site:

Brent