hose bibb extender?

Does anybody know of a flexible-shaft or similar device that could be used to operate an exterior hose bibb? Ours is in an inaccessible location and we need to find a way to turn it on and off from about 5' away. We haven't been able to use an extension hose because the bibb leaks like crazy when you turn off the hose at the far end.
Dave wrote:

That would be a loooong stem! :) Nothing ready-made comes to mind of that length.
Which direction need to go?
Move the faucet?
I guess one could cobble something together out of, say, a 3/8" drive socket u-joint or wobble socket spliced together with an really long extension rod.
Seems as though moving it would be easier. If it were really important, guess could replace the ordinary bibb w/ a solenoid-actuated valve w/ remote, but that surely must be _WAY_ overkill...

Dave writes:

You could improvise something from metal tubing and 8-point sockets and swivels. Beyond that I would consider a solenoid valve.
On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 12:39:23 -0700, Dave wrote:

Fix the existing bibb and use an extension hose.

First, fix the leak.
Does the handle have 'holes' in its face. Imagine an extra long bar-b-que fork stuck in the the 'holes'. Make a similar device.
Bob

Sounds like it's time to replace it, and move it at the same time..........