Alternative to Flexible Hose

I have just replace a flexible hose which has a lot of rust on it, this was connected from the toilet tank to the cold water supply. I have replaced with another flexible hose but I am thinking about a better long term solution.

Should I go back to copper pipes or is there an alternative that will not rust?

Reply to
gospvg

I thought the flexibles were covered in SS? Should you not consider 'why' the condition that made it rust exist?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

During the winter we did get condensation in the upstairs bathroom - I only assume this contributed to it rusting?

I will have a look to see if you can get flexible pvc pipes like the washing machine types - maybe I need these instead?

Reply to
gospvg

In message , gospvg writes

Or replace the pipe with some plastic pipe such as Hepworth Hep2O or Speedfit

Reply to
chris French

Thanks Chris will have a look at these

Cheers Niaz

Reply to
gospvg

Indeed: I've never seen one rust. Maybe it was some ultra cheap dodgy tat with ordinary non-stainless braiding.

Reply to
YAPH