Does anybody know where to source ...

2 metres of 25mm pipe

A friend wants 5" of chromed 1" pipe. Copper would do as I could get it plated, but does anybody know where to get it from ?

Reply to
geoff

ISTR Southern Ireland still uses imperial sizes?

Reply to
Dave Plowman

The 1" refers to internal diameter, making it approximately equivalent to metric 28mm, so too big. I suspect the OP must do the rounds of the metal stockholders to find something suitable. They don't seem to mind doing small jobs. I got a single rod of 20mm box section mild steel off them without them complaining.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Motorbike acessory shop?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

In message , Dave Plowman writes

Interesting, It might be best to ask one of my Irish customers then

Reply to
geoff

As a biker, I would have thought he would have looked in that direction, but, maybe not.

Perhaps I should post in UKRM (only 1933 unread messages in there atm ...)

Reply to
geoff

Would brass do?

sell 1" brass tube in 16swg and 18swg. He now has a £20 minimum order though, plus a rather hefty p&p charge, which makes 5" of the stuff rather expensive, but he does stand at some autojumbles (e.g. Newark), I believe.

Reply to
Autolycus

On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 00:28:02 +0100, in uk.d-i-y geoff strung together this:

What do you want it for, you could just use a worktop leg. Wickes have them in 1" chrome. Isn't 2 metres a bit excessive if you only want to use 5"?

Reply to
Lurch

In message , Lurch writes

I was rounding it up

but he does want five foot (ooer missus)

Reply to
geoff

On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 22:45:45 +0100, in uk.d-i-y geoff strung together this:

You mean 5' then.

Reply to
Lurch

Beautifully. Things like old car rads and spotlights were made of brass.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

In message , Lurch writes

Err ...