Does anybody know where to source ...

2 metres of 25mm pipe
A friend wants 5" of chromed 1" pipe. Copper would do as I could get it plated, but does anybody know where to get it from ?
--
geoff

ISTR Southern Ireland still uses imperial sizes?
--
*Born free...Taxed to death.

The 1" refers to internal diameter, making it approximately equivalent to metric 28mm, so too big. I suspect the OP must do the rounds of the metal stockholders to find something suitable. They don't seem to mind doing small jobs. I got a single rod of 20mm box section mild steel off them without them complaining.
Christian.

Interesting, It might be best to ask one of my Irish customers then
--
geoff

geoff wrote:

Motorbike acessory shop?
writes

As a biker, I would have thought he would have looked in that direction, but, maybe not.
Perhaps I should post in UKRM (only 1933 unread messages in there atm ...)
--
geoff

it
Would brass do? www.mailordermetals.co.uk sell 1" brass tube in 16swg and 18swg. He now has a 20 minimum order though, plus a rather hefty p&p charge, which makes 5" of the stuff rather expensive, but he does stand at some autojumbles (e.g. Newark), I believe.
--
Kevin Poole
**Use current month and year to reply (e.g. snipped-for-privacy@mainbeam.co.uk)***

Beautifully. Things like old car rads and spotlights were made of brass.
--
*Organized Crime Is Alive And Well; It's Called Auto Insurance.

On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 00:28:02 +0100, in uk.d-i-y geoff

What do you want it for, you could just use a worktop leg. Wickes have them in 1" chrome. Isn't 2 metres a bit excessive if you only want to use 5"?
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd.

I was rounding it up
but he does want five foot (ooer missus)
--
geoff

On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 22:45:45 +0100, in uk.d-i-y geoff

You mean 5' then.
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd.