Home Depot return policy

Page 2 of 2
On May 28, 6:53pm, "Stormin Mormon"

Yours is not a question on HD's return policy, but on how the warranty for your GE water heater works. These are 2 very different things.
Before I took my water heater back to HD, I would have called GE and found out exactly how the warranty worked. I'm not sure I'd put a lot of faith in the guy/gal at HD to know the warranty terms.
I suggest you call GE anyway and explain the situation.Oh yeah...don't be surprised if you call GE Customer Care and they give you a number for HD. They sell their water heaters exclusively through HD and may refer you to them fro warranty questions. If the store did something wrong, they may be able to make it right. It's worth a shot...
BTW Are you sure it's a Hotpoint? My GE Profile is made by Rheem.
I'm going to bed a bit early, today. As it happens, I do have the original paper work. I'll try to remember to read that, tomorrow. It is very possible that the original paper work will clear up the confusion.
Perhaps I got screwed over, and perhaps I got what was coming to me. Tomorrow, after a night sleep, we'll see. Thanks for the good idea. Tonight, I'm not thinking as clearly as I should be.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

If you checked the warranty, I believe you would find it a limited (read prorated) warranty. Basically on the 6 year, it's a 5 year tank & 1 year parts. Unless, you bought the higher end 6 yr. But for the original price of 190, I doubt very much it's a higher end with a 6 year tank & parts warranty.
_If_ this was a limited warranty, count your blessings you got anything.

I would not have thought they would refund anything after that long. The MFG provides the warranty.
And yes they have gone up that much in 5 years.
Colbyt

Here in Maine there is an "implied warrantee" law that is for 4 YEARS...How does that work..In any other states????

Just curious, what size water heater was this? I'd be amazed that you could buy a 40 gal one for $198 5 years ago. I replaced mine with one from HD maybe 7 or 8 years ago and paid a lot more than that for one that was nothing special.
I just replaced my late mother-in-law's 40-gallon water heater that died on year seven of the six year warranty. I would have loved to have gotten the original price ($180) back to offset the cost of the new one ($340 + parts, taxes and inspection fees).
Both should have lasted longer. Anyone want to buy a town home in Minnesota (It's got a new water heater)?
dss
Natural gas, 29 galons.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

I know that many of us who frequent here do or should know where your are but............
What jurisdiction do you live in?
What are the warranty requirements there?
What does your local/state/province/ federal law say about warranties?
Inquiring minds want to know.