Holiday Sales....

Page 4 of 6
azotic wrote:

I'm not even supposed to be called, since I'm 100% disabled, but they won't take me off the list because of so many people who don't bother to show up. They claim the pool is too small, and the same retirees are on jury after jury. My VA doctor doesn't see any reason to excuse me, or most other disabled Veterans. I want to know how and where all my medicine & insulin will be stored & secured.
A judge told a local business owner that he couldn't be excused, even though he has no employees. He works 14 to 16 hour days at his gas station, and was told to lock the place up for up to three weeks. He told the judge to go to hell, that he wouldn't have a business to go back to after a week of being closed. The $15 a day pay wouldn't come close to his losses. His station is the only one owned & operated by someone born & raised locally. I'd rather pay a couple cents a gallon more to buy there, than one where it takes three or more tries to make a clerk understand that you want $20 worth of gas & a receipt.

Those questions asked of the judge should be enough to get you released.

They dont care if you go broke.
Best Regards Tom.
--
http://fija.org /

azotic wrote:

I had to get an income statement from the VA last month, to keep my Lifeline phone service. I sent the copy to the phone company, and will take the original with me to the courthouse when I leave in a few minutes. That amount is only give to 100% disabled Veterans.
Also, my blood sugar has been climbing for two weeks, and was 195 this morning, which is twice the normal reading. I am using five times the prescribed insulin, but it just isn't working. I want to be put back on Glipzide, because it worked a lot better. My eyesight goes to hell when the glucose level is too high. I can't even read the small font used to compose posts, so there may be some typos.
I hope to be home later, not be stuck there till 10 PM.

The judge classified him as unstable and released him from the pool.

I told them that as a scientist I would always be impartial. Also, that I for my opinions by bouncing them off my wife, which has been a very good thing for me in the past. I also clapped my hands when for the umptiest time the lawyers had to get an opinion from a judge that they hadn't prejudged the case in their arguments presented before the people "vying to be" selected for jury duty.
I was excused.
--
Best regards
Han
Han wrote:

Did you do your Sheldon Cooper impersonation? ;-)
I was a broadcast engineer, and later worked as an engineering tech on advanced Telemtry receiving equipment. I was told I was too damn picky, and was never satisfied with any test data. That could hang a jury, very easy. My last supervisior once told me, "You're damn opinionated. But you're usually right" I told him, "It's not an opinion when I'm right, now is it?" ;-)
I was asked to do failure analysis on the Beckman trimpots we were using. Beckman refused to admit they were shipping defective units, till they got my report. Managment complained about the pages of information, all to five decimal places. I told them that I always went three additional places, to reduce rounding errors. We dropped Beckman, for Bourns and a couple months later Beckman admitted that the seals on their 'washable surface mount parts' were well out of spec. The 'o' rings were too narrow, and they had used 1/4 the special grease to keep them sealed. We didn't switch back, even though they were about 20% cheaper. Once a vendor was blacklisted they stayed that way for at least two years.
I didn't even make it to the jury room before I was excused. They scanned my notice at the entrance to the jury waiting area, and asked how I was feeling. I told them that I felt like crap, was disabled and that my tinitius was really bad. They marked the card, had me sign it, then photocopied the paper from the county Veteran's Service Officer's off and sent me home. I had to get some food, and soda. I had a couple blocks of unsweetened baker's chocolate and drank a two liter bottle of Diet Mt. Dew, then went back to bed. That let me get some sleep, and took the edge off the headache. It also helped clear up my vision a little. :)
Why would you drink two liters of diet Mt. Dew before sleeping? Seems a bit odd.
A bit of kidney load, to boot.
I didn't even make it to the jury room before I was excused. They scanned my notice at the entrance to the jury waiting area, and asked how I was feeling. I told them that I felt like crap, was disabled and that my tinitius was really bad. They marked the card, had me sign it, then photocopied the paper from the county Veteran's Service Officer's off and sent me home. I had to get some food, and soda. I had a couple blocks of unsweetened baker's chocolate and drank a two liter bottle of Diet Mt. Dew, then went back to bed. That let me get some sleep, and took the edge off the headache. It also helped clear up my vision a little. :)
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Caffeine dilates the blood vessels, and is also a diuretic. It, and the chocolate together help take the edge off severe headaches for me.
On Mon, 03 Dec 2012 23:50:30 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"

Indeed it does.
Gunner, who scarfs Diet Mt Dew every day.
And passed all his heart tests 3 weeks ago with flying colors
1. Lie 2. Repeat the lie as many times as possible 3. Have as many people repeat the lie as often as possible 4. Eventually, the uninformed believe the lie 5. The lie will then be made into some form oflaw 6. Then everyone must conform to the lie

It works for him. Maybe he eats so many veggies that a little carcinogen doesn't have any effect (just kidding). The drug caffeine is quite potent, and has many beneficial effects ...
--
Best regards
Han

Jon Boi seems to have that Self Rightious Gene in control of his thought processes.
He seems to be unable to comprehend that part about passing all the heart and blood work tests 3 weeks ago with flying colors.
He really is mentally ill. And doesnt know shit about Cad/Cam
Gunner
1. Lie 2. Repeat the lie as many times as possible 3. Have as many people repeat the lie as often as possible 4. Eventually, the uninformed believe the lie 5. The lie will then be made into some form oflaw 6. Then everyone must conform to the lie
On Tue, 4 Dec 2012 12:06:48 -0800 (PST), Too_Many_Tools

And so are you and everyone else. and has been since the day that they were born.
(or do you think that you will live forever?)

True indeed. Given that my family were drinkers and smokers, yet managed to keep going until their late 90s in both sides of the family...I think my brominated vegitable oil (hey..its organic..right?) wont figure too prominantly in my death.
That will probably occur while trying to cover a mass grave of dead leftwingers with a shovel rather than a dozer.
So Ill avoid any contact with shovels.
Gunner
1. Lie 2. Repeat the lie as many times as possible 3. Have as many people repeat the lie as often as possible 4. Eventually, the uninformed believe the lie 5. The lie will then be made into some form oflaw 6. Then everyone must conform to the lie

Looking for a good second hand D-6 :-?

Given the numbers of Leftwingers in some parts of California..maybe a D-8 would be better?
<Grin>
Gunner
1. Lie 2. Repeat the lie as many times as possible 3. Have as many people repeat the lie as often as possible 4. Eventually, the uninformed believe the lie 5. The lie will then be made into some form oflaw 6. Then everyone must conform to the lie
On 12/04/2012 12:15 PM, Gunner wrote:

You left out "still".
technomaNge
--
If more government is the answer,
then the question was stupid.

...and some not so. I'm not supposed to have any caffeine, though I will do root beer when we're out for lunch. ;-) As long as I haven't forgotten to take the beta-blocker it's not too bad.
Perhaps that's part of why Excedrin contains caffeine?
Have you tried generic sodas? I tried generic naproxyn sodium, years ago. That particular brand was useless (Berkley and Jensen) but name brand Aleve worked well.
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Caffeine dilates the blood vessels, and is also a diuretic. It, and the chocolate together help take the edge off severe headaches for me.
Stormin Mormon wrote:

It was a generic knockoff, but most people wouldn't recognize the name so I gave the common name.

The VA put me on Naproxen for diabetic Neuropathy at first, but it didn't help with the pain.
I know of two generics, Mountain W, and the other one escapes me.
I wonder if the non working Naproxyn was generic, like the Berkley and Jensen that didn't work, for me? Did you try brand name Aleve?
Stormin Mormon wrote:

It was a generic knockoff, but most people wouldn't recognize the name so I gave the common name.

The VA put me on Naproxen for diabetic Neuropathy at first, but it didn't help with the pain.
I know of two Mountain Dew generics, Wegmans Mountain W, and Shure Fine Mountain Yellow citrus soda.