Hedge trimmer motor connections

I took apart an older model electric hedge trimmer to clean off some rust. While putting it back together, a white wire appeared disconnected and I can't see any obvious place where it should be connected.
The connections I have are these:
1. Power cord; 2. in to trigger switch with two black wires coming out; 3. in to the mystery component (possibly a filter?) with two black wires and one white wire coming out; 4. white wire seems to be cleanly soldered on the end, and I'm not sure where it should go; 5. the two black wires go in to a second safety switch, which must also be depressed for the motor to operate; outputs from this go to the motor.
I believe the mystery component is a noise suppression filter. It looks similar to this:
http://www.elektro-kahlhorn.de/images/product_images/info_images/bv18000.jpg , with input on the left, output on the right.
I appreciate any pointers on what is that white wire and where it would often be connected. The end is quite straight and shows almost no signs of use --- it looks quite pristine compared to the other wires in the casing, and so I'm wondering if it was ever even connected to anything.
Thanks much. Regards, James
WHERE DOES the white wire go??????

Yes, my question exactly. It originates on the output side of (what I think is) the noise suppression filter and I'm not sure where it should be connected.
Thanks! James

"James D. Watson" wrote in message

Does the motor have two wires going to it?
On 2/14/2010 11:28 AM, James D. Watson wrote:

Does the trigger have push-in connections for the wires? That is where I would check first. A pix or make/model would help also.
MikeB

How about a make, model, mfgr, age?????
James D. Watson wrote:

Does the trimmer work without the wire being connected to anything? If so, forget about it.
Hello all,
I posted the response, below, and two pictures, back on 15 February but never saw the full thread posted back to Google Groups. I'm reposting the text of my response in hopes that --- if the pictures haven't made it through --- then perhaps this will at least help.
[begin post from 15 February]
Thanks for all of the helpful questions. I'm including two pictures showing the innards (one in this post, the second in a following post).
trimmer.0.jpg shows what I think is a noise suppression filter with the white wire coming down at about "7:00" on the picture. Perhaps you'll be able to see that two black wires coming from the [filter] connect in to the (red) secondary switch.
trimmer.1.jpg shows the red secondary switch. The wires coming out of that connect to the magnets, one of which you can see in this picture at about "10:00" on the photo.
MikeB asked Does the trigger have push-in connections for the wires. No, it doesn't. (I realize trimmer.1.jpg is a bit blurry, and there are two areas that look like they might actually be push-in connections, but they are the screws holding together the two sides of the switch.
Bill asked Does the motor have two wires going to it. Yes. There are only two wires coming from the red switch, and each goes to one magnet.
HR(Bob) asked about make, model, manufacturer, and age. It is an AEG HES 65, made (I think) by AEG-TELEFUNKEN; I've contacted the current embodiment of their company to no avail. The only difference between the one I have and the advertisement at the link below is a safety guard between the blades and where the model's right hand is.
http://books.google.com/books?id=XjQEAAAAMBAJ&pg=PT1&lpg=PT1&dq=aeg+hes+rotarian&source=bl&ots=eh7aBJOJnq&sig=1-cp0io6GcnzR9HrxVyWStTNmuo&hl=en&ei=q2d5S4odxoudB_bcgMMJ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CAkQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=&f=false
Age? I'm not sure. That Rotarian magazine advertisement is from June 1981, so I'm guessing it's around there. There are no digital components in this.
Thanks very much, everyone. Regards, James