Fuller Tools

Are made-in-Japan Fuller Tools good stuff or junk?

Reply to
mcp6453

What kind of tools? Sources? Warranties? Major merchants or internet?

Joe

Reply to
Joe

The question relates to Fuller Tool 194-8 Lineman's Pliers made in Japan. They're quite old, so the present quality of Fuller Tools may not relate to my older pliers. The current model number is 406-1948.

Reply to
mcp6453

It depends. Fuller used to be a trustworthy brand- I still have my giant pump pliers from them after 20 years. But like all the other people who have outsourced productions (or the ones that really don't exist any more- somebody just bought up the name), you really have to have the tool in your hands and give the Mark I eyeball once over to tell. Stanley used to make respectable hand tools for home use, but the stuff I have seen lately with their name on it, is pretty much crap. I wouldn't buy any big sets on-line or anything, but I have been eyeing the 50-buck set Sam's Club carries, for 'leave in the car' tools.

-- aem sends....

Reply to
aemeijers

Could be at least 35 years ago I had a cast iron Fuller vise. The acme threads on the movable jaw disintegrated. Called the company and they sent an entire new vise free of charge. That was a long time ago and their policies may or may not be differant today. The replacement vise however is still performing well. I do grease the screw on rare occasions.

Joe G

Reply to
GROVER

Speaking of old Stanley, I have a WWII issued Stanley Phillips #2 with wooden handle screwdriver. New never used in plain military package. Actually I haven't seen it since I moved, but it's here somewhere.

Reply to
Tony

Tony wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net:

Hey, an old Nintendo game bundled with an old console started at 10 bucks and sold for $13 grand recently.

Find your screwdriver.

Reply to
Red Green