Get sealed window units apart.

I have several large ones that I would like to use in a green house but they have a sun block film on the inside. How do you separate the panes from the metal frame without breaking them.

Reply to
Barry
  • Vote on answer
  • posted

Utility knife with a new blade. Cut the sealant several times until the tip of the blade appears just inside the glass. Go slowly and don't hurry. WEAR GLOVES!!!

It's not difficult but it just requires a sharp blade, patience and GLOVES.

Good luck.

John

Reply to
John‰]

If the film was added after manufacture (like many car window applications) you may be able to remove it by spraying with soapy water and picking away at a corner til it starts to lift..

How about a utility knife (AND GLOVES) to cut thru the sealer

Reply to
Rudy