Blown window units

A number of our Boulton & Paul double-glazed window units have frosted over (blown). How to obtain replacements?

Reply to
Jill

Call a couple of local glass shops.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Do a google search on the manufacturer name and follow the breadcrumbs to the manufacturer 'contact us' webpage and follow the instructions thereupon.

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

Breadcrumbs will lead you to a cemetery.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

First link points to the new name

JELD-WEN entered the European market in 1993. Since then JELD-WEN has grown to encompass brands across the continent. In the UK, the JELD-WEN brand has been in existence since 1999 when it replaced Rugby Joinery, formerly the John Carr and Boulton and Paul businesses.

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

Pop out one of the sashes and see if there is a sticker on it somewhere. All of my life-time warranted windows have a sticker with contact info and a serial number. They're not Boulton & Paul windows, but maybe B&P use a similar labeling system, even if they're not warranted.

You'll need the specs to order replacements anyway.

Reply to
Marilyn Manson

Jenn Weld, on the whole, is lower mid-range in quality here in Canada. Lots of higher end windows available for similar price.

Reply to
Clare Snyder