Repairing sealed dg units.

I've got a couple of failed double glazing units so was interested to see an advert claiming to save me 50% over the cost of replacement. Somehow they repair the unit without replacement. Anyone know the procedure involved and is it DIY-able?

mark

Reply to
mark

Drilling holes into the gap and bunging in something that will absorb water vapour?

Reply to
Lobster

On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 15:19:08 +0100, Lobster wibbled:

Google back in this group ;->

I recall at least 2 threads in the last 2 years that went into this in some detail...

Reply to
Tim Watts

The originator of this group - Matthew Marks - produced a good FAQ on this - dunno if it's still around.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Sounds far too technical for me to search this group. The messages just turn up in Outlook Express here.

mark

Reply to
mark

spooky...

Reply to
Jim K

You're missing a lot if you can't search the archives. Google >top left >more. Groups is at the bottom of that list. Put what you're looking for plus uk.d-i-y in the search box

Reply to
stuart noble

On Fri, 11 Jun 2010 13:01:44 +0100, "mark" wibbled:

groups.google.co.uk

Advanced search, put uk.d-i-y in the groups box, limit the date or age to the last 2 years and put something meaningful like "repairing DG" or "repairing double glazing misted" into the main search box.

HTH

Reply to
Tim Watts