Frozen padlock

I have a Masterlock padlock on my storage shed. Discovered much to my dismay the keyhole was frozen over. Not the nicest situation when the snow thrower is sitting behind that locked door!
Any real world recommendations for outdoor padlocks less likely to become frozen? Or hints on weatherproofing the current one?

Triflow a non silicone based lubricant. Not cheap, a lot better than the WD product in my opinion for this application
Happens all the time. Use a blow torch. I've seen padlock covers, do a Google search. I've also seen plastic bags over them. Stick with Master.

In Emergency: wrap the lock with toilet paper and set a fire (use caution of course).
Fabricate a cover for the lock...plastic bag will work...could build a more elaborate cover out of wood metal etc....depends on your free time....other things
We got one at work that freezes on our gate...I am usually the earliest to work and I have a propane torch I keep just for that purpose...to heat it up.
Ive tried the plastic bag thing at work but people who leave later than I do wont put it on.....bastards.....so I torch that lock when its frozen....Ive also been known to take a large ball pein hammer to it also.....I just lay the lock on my bosses desk and tell him to get another....of course we dont use master locks....at least I dont think its a master lock as it is brass and a 4 number combination...

you might try this:
http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/page.aspx?c=2&p134&cat=3,43631,43641
James "Cubby" Culbertson wrote:

froze and sealed the keyhole.

Ok, then simple solution. Depending on the height of hte lock, either put it under your armpit or between your legs. In just a few short minutes, the ice will be gone.

I don't get it. The lock he suggests has a solution for that too. Plus the other suggestions.

Perhaps with one of these you wouldn't be in this conundrum to begin with.
Hit it with a torch or hair dryer.....
James "Cubby" Culbertson wrote:

I cover my locks with aluminum foil to help prevent the freezing. Create a little tent over the lock. At my side gate I create a roof kind of thing over the latch to shield the lock. Would a hair dryer help unfreeze? If you're close to an outlet.